Independent tours

jjanes27

I was hoping to book a couple of tours independently on some of our stops, but can't find any with times that will work for us. We are stopping at Hamilton Island, and I've seen tours that visit a couple of islands. My favorite is "Fantasea". However, they don't get back until 4:30 and our cruise takes off at 4pm. Does anyone have any other ideas?

I was hoping to book a couple of tours independently on some of our stops, but can't find any with times that will work for us. We are stopping at Hamilton Island, and I've seen tours that visit a couple of islands. My favorite is "Fantasea". However, they don't get back until 4:30 and our cruise takes off at 4pm. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Hi Jane - There is a snorkelling tour with H2O Sportz

Departing daily from the Hamilton Marina, our fast boats will whisk you to one of the beautifully protected bays of the Whitsunday Islands. You'll spend 2 hours exploring the coral reefs with your snorkel guide, and later visit a local beach for some beach combing. This tour is limited to 15 passengers, and is for 3 hours duration.

The cost is $85 per adult or $65 for children (Includes EMC charge),(14 years and under). Includes all snorkel equipment, wet suit and light refreshments.

http://www.h2osportz.com.au

http://www.hamiltonisland.com.au/default.asp?action=article&ID=571

My recommendation would be a trip to beautiful Whitehaven Beach. You could email Hamilton Island to see if any such trips will be available to meet your timeframe.

Otherwise you can walk from one side of Hamilton Island to the other (swim in the resort pool) or hire a golf buggy for fun, if you want to visit lookouts.

• 2 weeks later...

Oops - I posted a new thread a bit ago inquiring about H2O (before reading this thread) and wanted to know if you might have any additional information on H2O ? Hoping that someone that has been on the Snorkel (3 Hour) Safari and can provide some detail as to the excursion. We have been on some really great snorkel trips.......Lots of fish, Lots of Live Coral and then some not so great ones......Sand, Sand, Sand plus 1 fish. Trying to get a feel for what the Snorkel Safari might be like : )

Oops - I posted a new thread a bit ago inquiring about H2O (before reading this thread) and wanted to know if you might have any additional information on H2O ? Hoping that someone that has been on the Snorkel (3 Hour) Safari and can provide some detail as to the excursion. We have been on some really great snorkel trips.......Lots of fish, Lots of Live Coral and then some not so great ones......Sand, Sand, Sand plus 1 fish. Trying to get a feel for what the Snorkel Safari might be like : )

Hi Snoozycruisee (love the name btw) - You may want to read through the Roll Calls for upcoming Rhapsody cruises and see who is going with H2O. Then they can report back to you.

I can only assume that the snorkeling will be wonderful - after all, it IS the GBR.

I can imagine those disappointing snorkel trips you've been on were in the Caribbean. We've been to all of the "top snorkelling spots" in the Caribbean and they all sucked. You are in for a real treat.

Thanks for the ideas? Does anyone know where Royal Carribean Rhapsody of the Seas docks in Hamilton Island? And/or where the Hamilton Marina is? Thanks!

Julie

Ships don't dock on Hamilton. You transfer by little boat. Hamilton Marina is on same side of the island, next to where you get off little boat. It is an easy walk to other side (over hill).

Archived