Meditteranean Weather in November?

wildatheart

We sailed last Nov 4-19. Great weather the entire cruise. Highs in the 60s to low 70s. Lows from mid 40s to mid 50s. Very little rain.

The same cruise before us had poor weather. Another cruise in the same area, but sailing from Venice to Barcelona was described as having poor weather.

I would not hesitate to sail the same cruise at the same time of year.

Prepare to dress for those conditions ( cool to mildly warm and some rain).

You should enjoy your cruise regardless of the weather.:)

I cruised on the Millennium in 2006 (10/29-11/10) on the Barcelona to Venice itinerary. We had beautiful weather. Lots of sun and bright days. The days were still a bit cool, but comfortable, probably in the low 60's. I would be prepared for your coolest weather in Venice. The key I found was to dress in layers and be prepared. I agree with the above poster: I would definitely cruise again at this time of year. Great weather, not too hot and fewer crowds! Have fun!

While temps won't be freezing, you can still have chilly weather (40s, rain) in the Med even in November and especially if you head inland or to higher altitudes. There is just no way to perfectly predict this year's weather based on last year's.

Why be miserable. Come prepared for rain and for cold--especially those who live in the warmer climes. Think layers.

We were there last Nov. We had beautiful fall weather in Spain, France, Rome, Florence and Naples; quite cool and damp in Turkey and Venice. Only a few drizzles - warmer in Greece. We took/wore layers, medium jackets with a hood and were comfortable. Tuck in a few sweaters or turtlenecks for Istanbul if your cruise goes there.

Sailed in 2006..Nov. and Dec.

Had great weather.

Hope it's the same weather this

year as we sail on the Summit.

Will bring the coat and gloves..just in case!

Our cruise in Nov...15-27 was beautiful, temp wise and mostly weather wise too. Shirtsleeves except last 2 days in Istanbul Turkey,cool & a bit of drizzle (getting near DEC by then) We had coffee on our veranda daily...in bathrobes, Egypt and Ephesus Tur. were warm. Guide said that was the very BEST time to tour there, as crowds were almost non existent. Had 1/2 day of drizzle in Athens but then the day cleared to beautifully sunny weather. We were never sorry we'd gone so late in the year.:D

We've just booked this same cruise.

Last year we did 2 Med cruises in November (our favourite time as we cannot stand it too hot).

First half of November was all sunshine with no rain and tshirt weather. Second half was cooler - sweatshirt weather - and rained more days than not.

We've just booked this same cruise.

Last year we did 2 Med cruises in November (our favourite time as we cannot stand it too hot).

First half of November was all sunshine with no rain and tshirt weather. Second half was cooler - sweatshirt weather - and rained more days than not.

Haven't seen you registered on the roll call for our cruise ....sail date Nov 15th clivep... why not come on over and join us on the roll call?

We did a Med cruise (Rome, Roades, Santorini, Myknovos, Athens, Turkey, Naples) in Nov. of 2006 and the weather was wonderful.

The temps were colder, in the 70's + F. but I hate the heat, and plus I am at the age were I have "power surges" if you know what I mean. :rolleyes:.

Less crowds, it was the best cruise I have ever been on.

We sailed on Galaxy and the best service ever.

We are doing a transatlantic this fall and looking forward to less crowds and cooler weather.

Haven't seen you registered on the roll call for our cruise ....sail date Nov 15th clivep... why not come on over and join us on the roll call?

Thanks for the invite, but my sailing is on the 1st November like that of the original post.

Archived