Back from my cruise...

lunyma

On a 4 night cruise, I managed to gain 3 whole pounds, which I lost immediately, after one day home (thanks to lasix and a *normal diet*)... Unfortunately though, I was up 2 lbs on the day I left (Monday), from the last time I weighed in ( the 21st)... Soooooo.,.. I am still up 2 lbs from my last weigh in (TOM, 12 days late... Don't ya just love menopause???). Not only do I need to drop those 2 lbs, but another 15-20 or so would be nice, as well... I do not believe in Atkins or South Beach, so I guess I am gonna have to do this on my own, unless someone has another suggestion. I need my carbs, and due to a very stressful family situation right now, I can NOT excersize... Any ideas???

Pam, Sounds like you did OK on your cruise. I too am in that mempause thing No visits since May 3rd. I just hope I can continue this lucky streak:p I have been dieting since January 1st this year. I a not following Atkins and South Beach I don't think they teach you the proper way to eat. I am acutally doing my own program which is kinda of a version of Old Weight Watchers from many years ago with atwist of Fit For Life. I try to stay at about 1000 calories a day. I eat low fat foods,limited my carbs such as breads and pastas, eat lots of veggies, have at least1 to 2 fruits a day I eat yogurt daily and have 5 to 7 ounces of protein a day. Then I exercise every day. Sunday is the only day I do not watch what I eat. After church today I will go to a Champagne Brunch and totally Enjoy. But.... before church I will get on my treadmill and do aheavy work out. Since January I am now down 52.5 pounds and want to loose another 5 to 10 pounds.

Keep up the good work, sometimes you just have to do what you think is right for your body and not worry about fad diets.

Pam,

Welcome back...

I totally understand you w/the meno/peri problem...

Right now I'm 9 days "late" and who knows...

the creep lbs are such a pain.

Hope things settle down a bit on the home front.. can totally relate there too.

Carolyn

Hope you had a "stress free" cruise.. that you enjoyed your "four" days off!

(didn't know you were going on a cruise but glad you did)

Congrats with getting the 3lbs off so fast...the others will follow too!

Thanks to all for the encouragement. I not only lost what I gained, already, but another 1 1/2 as well. Just 1/2 lb over my last weigh in, on the 21st. I'm just watching what I eat, and drinking lots of water... So far, so good!

Archived