Is this upsale a deal???

oceanview585

By "lowest grade suite" do you mean SZ (superior) or SC (Deluxe)?

The book price difference between VA and SY (no prices shown for SZ) on your particular cruise is $300 pp, and the difference between VA and SC is $800 pp.

IMO, $149 pp is a good deal to SY, and a great deal to SC. :)

We are booked for Westerdam 10/19. We had guarantee VE and were upgraded to a VA. Now a call from TA with HAL offer for $149pp for lowest grade suite. Is this a good deal?

$22 and change per day/per person to move from a VA to an SY...assuming it is a 7 day cruise. If a longer cruise, even less:

Yes, I think it's a good deal (although on the cruises where I've chosen a VA on the stern, I've specified "no upgrade" because that is the location we wanted). If you've gone the GTY route, and haven't toiled over deck plans to choose the "right" stateroom, I'd say go for it!

We are booked for Westerdam 10/19. We had guarantee VE and were upgraded to a VA. Now a call from TA with HAL offer for $149pp for lowest grade suite. Is this a good deal?

Yes! The VE to VA on a 10 night Med cruise on a Vista Class is a $1,600 ($800.00pp) difference in price!

Archived