Food on Fantasy; Whole grain choices?

haveanotherbeer

My husband & I are cruising on the Fantasy October 27th. I was wondering if anyone knows if they have any menu choices made with whole grain. I read on another thread something about a "carnival special", I'm not sure what it was called but it sounded like a diet/healthly conscience meal. Does anyone have any info on this?

:)

My husband & I are cruising on the Fantasy October 27th. I was wondering if anyone knows if they have any menu choices made with whole grain. I read on another thread something about a "carnival special", I'm not sure what it was called but it sounded like a diet/healthly conscience meal. Does anyone have any info on this?

:)

I like you, wished Carnival had whole grain options in their menu. At least one bread at night that was whole wheat would be really nice. They are always made with white flour.:( Oh well, we could always say "no thanks" when the bread basket comes around.

I know room service offers sandwiches on white, wheat, or rye bread.

In the dining room, I like the sun dried tomato bread at dinner.

At breakfast, there are choices.

I'm not sure the OP was asking about bread selections, however.

The menus tend to be fleet wide with Carnival.

Here are a bunch from Carnival Splendor from an 8, 3, and 12 day cruise.

Menus-8 day Menus-3 day Menus-12 day

I could ask one of the Maitre d's, if I am sure I understand what the question is?

I was just on conquest a month ago, thats why I was saying to me there are not whole grain choices. Iv been doing a low gi diet, and to me that is whole grain pasta, or whole grain rice. I wasnt speaking of just bread. I was saying wheat bread might be as close as you were going to get on carnival.

I didnt gain any weight on my cruise, so you can eat healthy. I ordered cheese for dessert and shared the cheese the last few nights so I could have a snack later for instance, stayed away from desserts and breads all week during meals.

PS you can get plenty of fiber from your veggies. Most everyone at my table wouldnt eat any veggies at dinner, they hardly cook them so they look prettier, but they were like rocks, even the baked potato I ordered one night.

I was on Splendor for 23 days and didn't gain a pound. I certainly did not eat healthy, but did eat in moderation (on average).

As for special diets, this is what Carnival posts:

D

ietary Needs

Carnival Cruise Lines can provide our guests with the following special dietary needs: Vegetarian, Low-Cholesterol, Low-Fat, Low-Carbohydrates, Low-Sugar, Gluten Free and Bland.

Kosher meals, Baby foods and formulas are not available onboard

If you have food allergies, please advise your dining staff once onboard, or contact a Guest Access Services Representative to discuss your requirements.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/EMB_guest_special_requirements.aspx

For more information contact the Guest Access Services department at 800-438-6744 extension 70025 or Click here.

I was asking if they had whole grain options, meaning rice, pasta and/or bread. I am trying to stay away from white flour and processed foods. We were on the Fantasy last May and I just couldn't remember all the options. This time it's Halloween and I still need to fit in my costume on Friday (the last night of the cruise).

Thanks again for all the information :D

I was just on conquest a month ago, thats why I was saying to me there are not whole grain choices. Iv been doing a low gi diet, and to me that is whole grain pasta, or whole grain rice. I wasnt speaking of just bread. I was saying wheat bread might be as close as you were going to get on carnival.

I've been trying to eat low gi for the past 5 years, and many times, eating out in general is rough. Whole grains, unfortunately, just aren't offered that much. As far as the wheat bread on board, it is not whole wheat bread, so it is not whole grain, and is in fact no better than white bread:(. I really wish they would offer a whole wheat option as well as brown rice.

Archived