turkish air

rosey1946

Has anyone flown Turkish Air or know anything about the airline? I am cruising Nov.6 starting in Istanbul with NCL and went with the cruise air package. We have been booked on Turkish Air and I'm nervous about this. :confused:

All in all, they're generally OK.

Think of it as adventure travel. After all, if you ask the cruise line to book your air travel and you are not in a position to dictate what flights they are going to book you on, then you've basically entered yourself in a giant lottery.

Turkish Air is a perfectly reasonable airline. I would rather being taking them non-stop from New York to IST than their Star Alliance partner, United, to FRA or MUN and changing planes there.

When you get to IST, remember to stop by the Visa booth (to the left just before you get to the passport control lines). It takes only a minute or two (otherwise, you will wait in the passport control line and then be sent back to the visa booth and get to stand in the passport control line again). They want U.S. currency and do not give change (altho, I have seen them do so to be nice) -- I think it is still $20 for U.S. citizens.

Went through IST last month. Had new $20 bills ready for the visa window. Pushed over 2 passports and two Jacksons. Stamped visas back in my hand in under a minute.

The "visa" booth is well labeled and manned 24/7 (we arrived around 2am on LH from FRA). Just look for it before you hit the immigration lines.

Thanks so much for all the kind responses. I knew we were in the cruise lines' hands for our flight, but I was nervous going into Istanbul on our own. Your responses make me feel much better. I really appreciate the info on visas. I had heard different opinions on getting the visa before or after customs, so it is important that I know to look for the visa booth before. Thanks again.

The visa booth is before IMMIGRATION....which is before the baggage carousels and thus before CUSTOMS.

Big difference between the two, especially when dealing with Schengen itineraries (which isn't the case here). The terms are not interchangeable.

Archived