Front of the ship? opps?

ijkh

Well we secured our airfare frequent flyer miles, secured our cabin AD on the Grand princess but did I make a poor choice? We are in Cabins D225 and D227. We wanted to be away from the elevator but our friend who is very sensitive to motion get sea sick in this cabin. Should I down grade our group to balcony. Should we pay nearly 400 dollars more to up grade? Help us oh savvy cruisers with this choice. We are not going until Sept 2005 but the minisuites are selling out fast. eek did I goof?

Depending on the ship and the tide, you may feel a bit more movement in the front of the ship. I only booked a forward cabin once, going North out of San Francisco. We were going directly into the current, so the ship slapped over the waives. We had air between us and our matress most of the night. It will depnd on your itinerary. Let us know where you are cruising and someone who has done that itinerary may be able to give you some insite as to what type of seas you may encounter.

Just returned from the Diamond and we had a forward cabin (4th from front) and I am prone to motion sickness. It was an annoyance almost the entire trip. We were on the Mexican Riveria on the Caribe Deck. I would prefer a lower deck, more mid-ship cabin myself. Just IMHO.

I was on the Grand Oct.17-24 in B215, even more forward than your cabins and up 2 decks. We had very little sensation of movement at all until we left Boston for Newport, R.I. We hit what Captain Andy Proctor called seas that were "a bit lumpy". We could really feel the motion all over the ship that night, and it was more pronounced up in our cabin. If you are doing the Canada/New England cruise next Sept. you should probably look into moving your cabins midship and to a lower deck if your friend is really prone to seasickness.

Shae

front of the ship in Sept on a Greek Islands itinerary. Too bouncy up front?

Med sea isn't Atlantic ocean..It's calmer. So I don't think it will be a problem on the ship of this size.

Hello, ijkh,

We were in balcony cabin Aloha 210 on the Grand 3 years ago, Western Caribbean itinerary. Never noticed the movement.

I can see why Ernie G had more sensation of motion---the Mexican Riviera itinerary in the Pacific, especially after you go north around the tip of Baja California past Cabo San Lucas, is really rough at times.

Archived