Kenai Fjords Tours

B&J1

Again, nothing set in stone. We've kicked around the idea of 3-5 extra days. I've not really started exploring our land options - just Kenia Fjord and PWS cruises so far. Denali is a maybe at this point. I'll keep researching what all there is to do and then decide priority of each later. I know I won't be able to do EVERYTHING I want to do in one trip...

I thought the Kenai Fjord trip might be something we could do the day we end the cruise. Apparently not. but it looks like PWS cruise is doable on that day though, right?

You can do Seward and Whittier with a couple extra days, to add Denali Park, you need to add another 3, so 5 full days min.

Sounds like it would be doable for you??

Even if you do plan a Kenai Fjords tour your day of arrival in Whittier, I still recommend an overnight in Sewad. Otherwise it's a rush marathon day, and you are not likely to fully enjoy the wonderful train transit back to Anchorage??

Hi, we are flying into Anchorage on May 28th, and driving(?) to Seward. Our cruise departs on the 29th at 9:00 pm. Is the National Park tour from Kenai Fjords worthwhile? It is longer than the Bay tour, but shorter than the Northwestern. The Northwestern tour doesn't begin until the 30th:( . Also, is Exit glacier a must see and how much walking is involved? We are traveling with my father who will be 77 and is slightly disabled. He can walk, but his balance is poor, and he tires easily. Thanks for your help!

Hi, we are flying into Anchorage on May 28th, and driving(?) to Seward. Our cruise departs on the 29th at 9:00 pm. Is the National Park tour from Kenai Fjords worthwhile? It is longer than the Bay tour, but shorter than the Northwestern. The Northwestern tour doesn't begin until the 30th:( . Also, is Exit glacier a must see and how much walking is involved? We are traveling with my father who will be 77 and is slightly disabled. He can walk, but his balance is poor, and he tires easily. Thanks for your help!

Beth, the 6 hour cruise is certainly worthwile. We went with Renown's 6 hour tour, but they are both very similiar and we loved our cruise! If you want to check out pictures; I posted some a while back. Let me see if I can copy/paste from that thread.

http://picasaweb.google.com/TASharon1/SewardAlaska2008#

Yes, I think I worked:

Have a great time planning your trip!

The problem with the Northwestern tour if you're only spending one night is the time it leaves and gets back, you couldn't go the day you take the train to Seward, and the next day you have a ship to catch and it doesn't get back till 6:30.

We will be in Anchorage on 07/19/2009 and spending night. On the morning of the 20th will there be time to catch train to Seward to go on Northwestern Fjords (I believe it is 9 hrs)?

Archived