San Juan airport question re: American Airlines

39august

Does AA have a separate first class check-in line? I know they do at most airports in the states. Hope this is the case in SJ as I remember that airport to be a nightmare several years ago when we were flying coach. Also any general information about the airport or any tips about making the experience less stressful would be appreciated. Our scheduled flight is 2 PM, but we are hoping to be able to switch to a 12:40 flight.

I believe AA has a separate first-class line. Most airlines do.

I've traveled in/out of SJU many times and never had a problem.

Just leave ample time (like any other airport).

And don't forget to put your bags through USDA inspection before checking-in with the airline. The airline can't check you in unless your luggage has the USDA sticker. There is a USDA inspection just on the curb for AA.

We flew AA after our Adventure cruise this summer. We took our ship's luggage tags off just before we checked in with the airline. The ticket agent told us to put them back on because that proved that our luggage had been inspected. I was glad that we didn't discard them!

Does AA have a separate first class check-in line? I know they do at most airports in the states. Hope this is the case in SJ as I remember that airport to be a nightmare several years ago when we were flying coach. Also any general information about the airport or any tips about making the experience less stressful would be appreciated. Our scheduled flight is 2 PM, but we are hoping to be able to switch to a 12:40 flight.

Yes there is a separate line for fist class check-in and also for the secuity check line. We have found this to be one of the easier airports when flying first class.

Laura

They also have a very nice Admirals Lounge ( wi-fi, food, drinks, bar, comfy chairs and really good mints at the desks)!

But the OP would only have access to the Admirals Club if they are a member or buy a daypass. You don't get access to the Admirals Club with a first class domestic ticket.

But the OP would only have access to the Admirals Club if they are a member or buy a daypass. You don't get access to the Admirals Club with a first class domestic ticket.

Hmmm....I wonder how we've been getting in all these years (we're not members and I've never bought a daypass). ~bugs

Hmmm....I wonder how we've been getting in all these years (we're not members and I've never bought a daypass). ~bugs

I don't know how you've been getting access either because here's their rule per their website

I am traveling in the First Class cabin. Do I get complimentary access to the Admirals Club lounge?A: Yes and No. When flying wholly in the U.S., excluding non-stop transcontinental flights booked in F or Z inventories, we do not offer complimentary access to the Admirals Club lounge. However, American Airlines First Class# and Business Class customers traveling on, or connecting to or from, an American Airlines international* flight have access to the Admirals Club lounge on the day of their departure.

#International First Class passengers may also use the Flagship Lounge®, where available.

*International is defined as Europe, Asia, Central and South America and Mexico City.

http://www.aa.com/aa/i18nForward.do?p=/travelInformation/airportAmenities/AdmiralsClub.jsp The Admirals Club is American Airlines private lounge. The advantage to it is it offers a little separate space away from everyone else if you have a bit of time to wait before your flights. They have computers with free internet access (also offer free wi-fi if you have your own laptop). They offer complimentary coffee, tea, soda, and snacks plus have alcohol and food for purchase.

Some types of American Express Platinum cards offer free access to Admirals Clubs. Otherwise a day pass is $50 for 1 person, $75 for 2 people, or $100 for 3 people.

This is all very new for me. We have a platinum American Express but our seats are not first Class. How does having this card help me?? And what is Admiral .....???:confused:

Admirals Club is a great place to go to get away from all the noise in the airport. You can get a drink or watch tv or use your laptop or use theirs. There are Admiral Clubs all over the United States and Europe.

Laura

Archived