Baby food on Crown Princess

Ju1es

We are cruising with our 11 month old in January on the Crown Princess and I'm a little unsure about food for him.

I called Princess today and they gave me a number to fax what I want for him on the cruise. Does anyone know anything about this? Do I just list all of the foods that he will eat?

By that point I'm sure he'll be able to eat anything that is just steamed/baked and mashed with a fork rather than purreed but I want to make sure that it is plain (no sauce/seasoning/etc). Is this what they do or do they serve jars of baby food?

I'm a little nervous about cruising with him so I want to make sure that everything is set up to make things easier. He's a super easy going baby but I guess I'm just worried that we'll get onboard and there won't be anything for him to eat. I had originally planned to stock up on baby food in Ft. Lauderdale and bring it onboard with us but that seems silly if they will provide food for him (especially since he is a paying passenger).

If he can eat mashed or pureed table food, they will help you with that. They will not provide any "canned" baby food, tho. Shoot, at 11 mos, my son was eating "real" food--(except for things like steak, or really "chewable" foods) no longer needing the "mashing"!

We are cruising with our 11 month old in January on the Crown Princess and I'm a little unsure about food for him.

I called Princess today and they gave me a number to fax what I want for him on the cruise. Does anyone know anything about this? Do I just list all of the foods that he will eat?

By that point I'm sure he'll be able to eat anything that is just steamed/baked and mashed with a fork rather than purreed but I want to make sure that it is plain (no sauce/seasoning/etc). Is this what they do or do they serve jars of baby food?

I'm a little nervous about cruising with him so I want to make sure that everything is set up to make things easier. He's a super easy going baby but I guess I'm just worried that we'll get onboard and there won't be anything for him to eat. I had originally planned to stock up on baby food in Ft. Lauderdale and bring it onboard with us but that seems silly if they will provide food for him (especially since he is a paying passenger).

I wouldn't count on being able to arrange specially prepared food that is completely unseasoned for your child. You should ask this question specifically. Report back on the answer you get. I'm sure many are/would be interested.

Princess will provide jars of baby food. You tell them how many meat; how many veggie; how many fruit you want. You can't pick specific flavors. When I cruised with babies, Princess had a form that I filled out and faxed in - maybe the rep forgot to tell you about the form. The food was then delivered to my cabin - but we didn't end up using any of it. But previous posters are correct - there are also always plenty of choices at each meal for baby. Oatmeal, yogurt for breakfast; selections of soup (also vegetables/meat strained from the soup); mashed potatoes; steamed vegetables; salmon/fish; pastas, etc.

Have a great time.

Best,

Mia

Princess is great with the baby food, order whatever you think you might need. The chef came to our table the 1st night and offered to make fresh baby food for our son every night. It was fantastic. This was 6 years ago but their service has always been great.

• 1 month later...

I just thought I would report back here in case this info will be helpful for other parents. I called Princess as did my TA (I was sitting beside her when she called) and we were both told to just send in a list of food he will eat. So I did that and they emailed me back this form (would have been easier if they just told me about the form in the first place!). They have also said that the chef will be happy to steam/puree any food that we need and we just arrange that with the head waiter.

From Princess:

We have received correspondence requesting baby food and are pleased to advise we will be able to accommodate your needs. However, we only supply; regular Gerber Brand Baby Food, stages 1 and 2 in the 2.5 oz size. All foods come in an assortment and the selections are made onboard. This includes:

Baby juices in 8 oz size bottles

Baby cereal in 8 oz size boxes – only

You may request certain flavors and/or advise us if the child is allergic or dislikes any flavors, but we cannot guarantee that we will be able to get that specific flavor.

Whole milk is readily provided onboard, however, lactose-free and soymilk must be ordered in advance and are in regular, non-fat form only. These types of milks are not available in flavors.

We can also puree food for the child. For older children, we do offer a regular children’s menu onboard.

Our approvals are based on “cruise only” as we do not provide for Cruisetour packages (pre/post land tour packages).

Important: we DO NOT provide the following:

Formula (of any kind)

Baby wipes

Stage 3 and/or specific brand names of baby food i.e. Tender Harvest, organic, Earth’s Best, Lil Entrees, graduates, baby snacks, finger foods, etc.

You are more than welcome to bring your own foods and snacks onboard should the child require a certain type. They must be prepackages (store bought) and in their original un-opened packaging.

We do offer diapers onboard which are available for emergency purchases. The cost is 12 diapers for $ 16.95 and they are available in S, M and L (only) based on availability. I strongly recommended you bring your own supply sufficient for the length of their voyage.

In order, to place your order, I will need the following information:

How many jars of the following will the child need for entire sailing? (cruise only):

****Please order only enough food to accommodate while onboard****

Baby food stage: 1 or 2 (only) indicate stage_________

Dinners:_____jars Vegetables:_____jars Fruits:_____jars

Juices: (8 oz individual)______ Baby Cereal: (8 oz box, not individual size, dry weight)______

Our son is a little older than yours (15 months), but is fairly picky (as many his age are). we didn't have any problems at all. Breakfast, one of us would go to Horizon Court Buffet while the other was getting our son dressed (or if he was still sleeping) and pick up some fruit and yogurt cups. We were hoping to get boxes of Cheerios, but their agreement is only kellogs, so no general mills cereals. :( Anyway, they have lots of dried fruit, which my son loves, along with the regular fruit. Also bagels, toast, and pancakes. Waffles made to order, although we didn't have my son try those. Oh - and eggs, although at 11 months you may still not be giving him whites, but they do have hard boiled eggs that you could try the yolks with him. They also have cubed cheese if your kid will eat that (ours is spoiled and will only eat Kraft crumbles... sigh)

For lunch, we usually were at the buffet again and found plenty for him. The restaurants also have a kids menu. For dinner, after the first night, my son always had apple juice at his place setting and they put in chicken fingers and french fries, with a side of broccoli for him right away. that was usually delivered by the first course if not before. Then, they would bring him a huge bowl of strawberries or watermellon (both his favs) during our entree which would keep him entertained.

I do recommend bringing some of his favorite snacks. (We brought goldfish, bags of dried fruit, Gerber Graduate stuff) especially if your son is a fairly picky eater.

We did have several waiters come up to us the first day and tell us they had baby food onboard and could bring him some at any time if we needed to. So, it doesn't sound like it's a big deal. they also could make chilled fruit soups and various purees on the spot if you want.

Archived