Cruise Rules....... ? ? ?

sail7seas

Two non-eating rules:

Do not touch the handrails on the stairs--unless it's rocky.

Do not press the elevator buttons with our fingers, knuckles only.

Robin

ROFL about knuckles ONLY!!!! It is my rule too...along with the handrails. If I catch anyone I travel with doing otherwise they get an earful.

ROFL about knuckles ONLY!!!! It is my rule too...along with the handrails. If I catch anyone I travel with doing otherwise they get an earful.

Don't worry about handrails and other aids: For less than $1 you can buy hand wipes or a small bottle of hand disinfectant that does not require wiping.:) They weigh less than an ounce, and are easy to carry.

What do you do on shore? Never eat or drink?:confused:

I agree with so many things that were posted and so many good ones that Tom and I do but did not even really realize.

I have to laugh at how many times the "Use the Stairs" came up reading this thread:) Yes I too attempt to use the stairs as much as possible but sometimes I give in and take the elevator especially after dinner on Formal nights and after I might have had a few glasses of bubbly :o I also try to have only 2 meals a day if we have breakfast I have no lunch or just some fruit or if no breakfast then a light lunch. But always enjoy the evening meal including dessert ;)

But the one rule that is part of the after cruise ritual is always unpack the minute we get home. I would say we are always totally unpacked and luggage put away within 45 minutes of walking in the door.

But the one rule that is part of the after cruise ritual is always unpack the minute we get home. I would say we are always totally unpacked and luggage put away within 45 minutes of walking in the door.

Wow, you're good!:)

• Always take the stairs, always!
  • Tread water for 30 minutes per day before dinner.
  • Wake up early to watch the ship come into port.
  • Eat whatever you want!
  • Be grateful you're on a cruise and enjoy every second.
  • Take more photos than you think you need to.

Rules

#1 Work out when we feel like it, but consider it daily.

#2 Eat what we want but be sure we really want it.

#3 Don't touch anything with hands without having germ killer on hand!

#4 Have fun and NO work or worry!

:)

This is a vacation and my DH is famous for losing weight on our cruise vacations while eating and drinking more! It's all about lower stress! No phone calls, no internet and all about having fun! No, you will not hear from us while on our next cruise!

My rules in addition to walking as much as possible are:

1. Having room service wake you up with coffee & juice (and maybe a pastry) every morning.

2. Hot tub before getting ready for dinner (usually after a gym workout).

3. Outdoor pool most days (even in Alaska in May).

4. Picking great shore excursions to wow DH so he'll want to keep cruising. :D

5. Oh, yeah...the yummy museli on a big bowl of fruit every morning!

I don't need to make any rules because my behavior is always flawless. :D

Seriously, I think there's enough rigidity in my daily life without taking it to sea. The only reason I can think of for making rules for myself would be the minor fun of breaking them.

Caro

#1 Turn the cell phones off and lock them in the safe!

#2 Focus on each other from the minute we leave our driveway.

#3 We don't over plan -- do what we feel like doing at any given moment.

#4 Give thanks for our health and the ability to be on a cruise!

Kim

My rules are simple
Walk the promenade everyday
Try something at dinner that I never ate before
Find a lounge chair on the promenade day on sea day and daydream
Take at least two or three afternoon naps
After talking to my parents to let them know that I'm on the ship, [B]I lock my cell phone in the safe and don't look at it until I'm about to leave the ship!!![/B]
Enjoy every moment on the ship to savor on those cold,rainy, near freezing days when I'm working outside.
Happy sailing!!
[B][COLOR=indigo]Second time around and my 40th birthday cruise on the[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#4b0082]MAASDAM[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#4b0082]10/24/08-11/07/08[/COLOR][/B]

The only rule we have is:

1. First thing when we get to the cabin, we all take a bunch of Clorox disinfectant wipes and wipe down everything - and I mean everything!

I faced a little dissention among the ranks at first for this, but now, I have everyone in the family trained. There's no whining, no complaining, everyone does their duty and then, NO MORE RULES! Eat what you want, work out as much or as little as you want, indulge in a nap or a drink...whatever floats your boat!

Cruising for us is a "do whatever you want, when you want" kind of vacation. In our high-stress world, it's our only true relaxation. ;)

Archived