PG Cabin 7003 and December 27 sailing

wholelotta

I was wondering if anyone has had Cat. B, Cabin 7003. I am booked for for the December 27, 2008 sailing and can hardly wait. I've cruised on Carnival and Princess, but have never experienced a Butler. Is the room pretty quiet? There will be two of us in this cabin (queen configuration).

I understand that the only rooms available at this time are Cat D or lower... ship must be filling up.

I am interested in getting a piece of jewelry (black pearls), any suggestions on where to purchase.

I also have read about rough waters- wonder if this happens in December - it is a 12 day cruise.

Flying out of LA on December 23 on 4:25 pm flight- doing precruise package at IC in Bora, Bora. How is easy to buy wine in Bora, Bora ( market or hotel). Wonder if it is real expensive?

Thanks for all your input!!!!

I have done deck 8 cat B the other 3 times on deck 7 cat C. Not much different in my opinion. You may get a butler with 7003, I don't know about that. I have never experienced a noise problem on the PG.

You can buy pearls all over the place. Tia Collins on the ship or at one of her many boutiques on the islands is a good place to shop. She is a real nice lady. You can buy pearls on the Ta'haa motu or at one of the peal farms also.

You can buy loose pearls too, however my jewler recommends you have them drilled in FP, he said they can shatter during the drilling process.

Everything is pricey in FP including wine. Nothing to do about it if you need alot. My wife wrapped a couple of bottles in bubble wrap and in a zip lock in her suitcase and they made it ok. This is also not a problem if you don't do a precruise because you can get all you can drink on the ship.

We have not done a longer cruise with cruise days and we have never experienced rough water on the PG.

Hope this helps.

Don't know how the water is in Dec but in Aug it was a bit rough. Or perhaps due to the design of the PG you felt what was there more. It is the only ship either one of us has ever come close to feeling seasick on. My wife actually had to take the pills they have at the purser's desk.

Everything is expensive in FP. You just have to grin and bear it.

My wife purchased her Black pearl at NYCO's on Bora Bora. We felt most comfortable with the quality and price there. If price is not an object the Tahia Collins boutique on the ship has some exquisite pieces.

Archived