Eating breakfast in dining room for first time....

AmberMarie

Smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel

Eggs benedict

Cream of wheat...

All delicious.....

We eat every morning in the dining room when we cruise...

Can't deal with the hustle and bustle of the Lido deck in the morning!!!

Smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel

Eggs benedict

Cream of wheat...

All delicious.....

We eat every morning in the dining room when we cruise...

Can't deal with the hustle and bustle of the Lido deck in the morning!!!

And Carnival does make the absolute best Eggs Benedict I've ever had. Its one of the reasons I often eat in the dining room. :)

I just don't care for what Carnival refers to as "open seating" as it seems you're herded in and just go down the line filling up tables and booths as they direct you. :(

And Carnival does make the absolute best Eggs Benedict I've ever had. Its one of the reasons I often eat in the dining room. :)

I just don't care for what Carnival refers to as "open seating" as it seems you're herded in and just go down the line filling up tables and booths as they direct you. :(

DH and I are often not feeling our most sociable in the mornings....

No problem... we ask for a table for 2 ... always got one!!!

DH and I are often not feeling our most sociable in the mornings....

No problem... we ask for a table for 2 ... always got one!!!

Thanks, mamasue . . . I didn't know that. I always just followed the "herd".

Here I am a PLATINUM cruiser and I just found out something about Carnival ! ! . . . that's terrific. Just goes to show yah, us "old birds" don't know everything. :D

Thanks, again. :)

Thanks, mamasue . . . I didn't know that. I always just followed the "herd".

Here I am a PLATINUM cruiser and I just found out something about Carnival ! ! . . . that's terrific. Just goes to show yah, us "old birds" don't know everything. :D

Thanks, again. :)

Glad to be of assistance, Gary!!!:) :) :)

The Eggs Benedict I got on Inspiration must have sat under a warmer for 45 minutes. The hollandaise was hard! Yuck! I usually love them.

Did you send them back for a fresh replacement? I've done that, but only once. All other times, they're been quite good.

Does anyone know if the pancakes are the microwave kind? I didn't think they were very good, however I kept ordering them because I love pancakes and thought they would get better. :o

I've had the pancakes only once, and they were made fresh. I could tell, not only by the taste and texture, but also because they were not all the same size!:) I much prefer the waffles.

Hey Gary, I find things out that I didn't know, too.

For breakfast, I've been getting my own window table by myself for the last several cruises. Not up to chatting that early.:)

I agree, but what's the alternative?

Added in Edit: Nevermind, just read Mamasue's answer. Didn't know you could do that. Thanks Mamasue!!!

Call me crazy but I've NEVER had eggs benedict - ever. Everyone raves about them so I guess I'll have to try it but can you tell me more about them? I see they have hollandaise sauce. What else? What are they?

Toasted english muffin, topped with canadian bacon, a poached egg, and hollandaise sauce. Not exactly food for those on a diet, but YUM!

The Eggs Benedict I got on Inspiration must have sat under a warmer for 45 minutes. The hollandaise was hard! Yuck! I usually love them.

I agree. On the Fascination they were awful and they're usually my favorite "vacation" treat. I'll order eggs next time.:rolleyes:

We always eat breakfast in the dining room, but I have never had eggs benedict and I never will. I can't eat runny eggs (YUCK). I usually have a plain omelet or french toast.

For sure if you don't like runny eggs, they are not for you. However I do like runny eggs and if the Hollandaise sauce is too thick, it balances out just right.:D

I'll be on the Sensation in December and it was suggested that I should ALWAYS eat in the dining room. I figured I'd try the buffet on sea day though. Anyway, my question is this........what are the dining room hours and do they coincide with the buffet hours?

I agree with both Gary !

The eggs benedict are yummy, I'm not real chatty when I first get up, my husband even less so.

Archived