Eating breakfast in dining room for first time....

AmberMarie

Now I wish I would never have opened this thread. I'm sitting here, at work, with no breakfast, no waiter, and now I'm starving. I always eat in the dining room for breakfast...and I can just invision.....my plate.......coming towards me.......

UGH!!!! :mad: Just an illusion. Guess I better just close this thread before I eat the monitor.

We always eat breakfast in the dining room, but I have never had eggs benedict and I never will. I can't eat runny eggs (YUCK). I usually have a plain omelet or french toast.

Just order your eggs "hard" poached. No reason why they can't cook it to your liking. (The hollandaise sauce is technically "runny" eggs too since it's just eggs yolks suspended in melted butter...)

I usually cruise alone with my three children and it is easier to eat in the dining room than try to do the buffet with three kids under 8. I get to eat "grown up" food and they get to drink OJ out of wine glasses. Since the waiters always give us a table to ourselves, I have found this to be a great time to practice table manners.

My DH says they are the definite MUST HAVE! I also say thank you for the table request info ~I didn't realize you could do that either. You learn something new everyday! That has always been the one thing about breakfast in the DR that drives me nuts.

I agree the Eggs Benedict...

I ask them if they could substitute the ham[ on the Eggs Benny] and replace it with smoked salmon! It's FANTASTIC!!

I think it might be a Maritime thing bit smoked salmon "Eggs Benny" is very popular here, YUM!:D

By the way - because of the special order, they make it up fresh and the sauce is always better

On our first cruise in 1990, we traveled with a large group. One of the couple we went with were seasoned cruisers. They insisted on going to the dining room for breakfast each morning. We did it a couple of times and absolutely loved the eggs benedict!

I love eating breakfast out on deck and having the fresh air and sea right there...my DH and I always mention the eggs benedict but never seem to make it to the dining room!

I usually get the omelette with green peppers - if you don't like onions (like me), you have to ask for only green peppers, as they sometimes previously mix the two together.

I never noticed Lucky Charms or chicken sausage being on the menu before, I guess I'll have to try that!

I tied the eggs benedict for the first time on my first cruise in 2005 and I was in love. Since then for 7 days I have breakfast in the dining room and order the same thing a cup of oatmeal and of course the eggs benedict. (P.S. I'm a psuedo vegetarian only eat bacon on my eggs benedict) ;)

Archived