Advance guest registration and more...

evilinnocence

I have tried SEVERAL times over the past 3 weeks to do the advance guest registration for our cruise online and I get an error message that says try again later every time. Now it is too late as we leave on Sunday. Are we going to have a problem? This is our second cruise and I can't remember doing an advance registration last time (in 2006).

Also, the excursions are gone when I log on to look at them. Do they not let you book them online if the cruise is very near? I know we can book on board but we were thinking about doing it beforehand.

Lastly, we're cruising the Pearl. Which restaurants are there an additional fee at? Is there a fee at the Asian one?

Thanks!

Sara

I have tried SEVERAL times over the past 3 weeks to do the advance guest registration for our cruise online and I get an error message that says try again later every time. Now it is too late as we leave on Sunday. Are we going to have a problem? This is our second cruise and I can't remember doing an advance registration last time (in 2006).

Also, the excursions are gone when I log on to look at them. Do they not let you book them online if the cruise is very near? I know we can book on board but we were thinking about doing it beforehand.

Lastly, we're cruising the Pearl. Which restaurants are there an additional fee at? Is there a fee at the Asian one?

Thanks!

Sara

My advice to you is to call them as soon as you can.

The online excursion bookings close 2 weeks before sailing. Don't worry, they sell all but 33% online, so if you queue up as soon as you board you'll be lucky to get an excursion or two of your choice.

Thanks!

Sara

Sara,

I too tried on and off for weeks to do the Advance Registration. Same thing you got. I called, they told me it was because my laptop is Vista, so I went to one of my kid's computers.....same thing. I just randomly kept trying, and volia! One day this week it worked.

On the other hand, I never had a problem with the excursioins.

Don't know what to tell you, but I do think the NCL site is a bit goofy!

Mimi

While some may have no problem, it's definitely a Vista problem. My first cruise, I was able to register using Vista after numerous tries. 2nd cruise, I could never get it to go through...same computer.I read on the boards here that it was a Vista issue so went to my husbands laptop that doesn't have Vista and it went right through.

You are required to have that form filled out prior to sailing. And, even though sailing time is close, I would still fill it out online (on a non Vista computer). They may or may not receive it in time, so after you fill it out, print out the form and take it with you. When you are registering, if they ask for it, you will have it all finished and can just hand it to them instead of having to fill it out there.

So, the easy solution is to go to a computer that doesn't have Vista and you will have no problem at all.

CG

People without Vista have also had problems. Even Apple users. I've used Vista and 2 other operating systems and sometimes it works fine, some times it doesn't. No matter what they say, it's NCLs problem. Even if the problem were with Vista, it's pretty stupid to have your system set up so millions of people will have problems. Carnival, HAL, Princess and Celebrity are very easy yo navigate with Vista.

Absolutely still try and do it online or call and have them do it. If you are running late and it isn't filled out, I have heard they can deny you boarding if you aren't there at least 2 hours prior to boarding. I don't know if anyone has had it happen to them but why take the chance?

"Vista" or any excuse other than NCL's computer system and their IT department is an easy scapegoat.

They're simply re-directing the blame to where they're not responsible.

It costs them less than finding and fixing the problem.

I'm not using Vista so it's not just a Vista problem. And I've tried on three different PCs and have the same problem. I just think it's ridiculous that you pay this company so much money yet they can't fix their website??

The other day I was finally able to get the form up (first time - every other time it just told me it was unavailable and to try later) and once I completed it, it STILL gave me an error. :mad: So I printed them out and will bring them when we board. But now I am really nervous. :( My fiance thinks we should be fine. I am really feeling CRUISE DUMB with this and also because I'm upset that we didn't book the excursions and am afraid we won't get to go on them. PLUS I'm nervous because we booked our flights outside of NCL (WAY cheaper) and I am worried about delays or them losing my luggage etc. *sigh*

Can you tell I worry too much? :o

Archived