? about RC 9-11 age group

Illinoisgal

HI I am going on The Explorer of the seas this summer to Bermuda and it will be our first sailing with Royal. On Carnival 9-11 Yo are allowed to sign themselves in and out, does Rci do this and if so can you opt out? Our son is ASD/SID so I dont allow him to roam the ship. What kind of activites do they do?? THanks in advance

sweet thanks! I tried to find that info but couldnt. I just wanted to find out if they had the same sort of deal or not. I cant imagine letting my 9 yo run amok on a cruise ship :) I read some of the compasses to him ( he loves science) and alot centered around that so he is excited

sweet thanks! I tried to find that info but couldnt. I just wanted to find out if they had the same sort of deal or not. I cant imagine letting my 9 yo run amok on a cruise ship :) I read some of the compasses to him ( he loves science) and alot centered around that so he is excited

My son was in 9-11 AO on Majesty this year and he loved it. You decide whether he can sign himself in or our or not. I chose not to. Like you, I didnt feel comfortable with him being alone unsupervised. They did different games and activities each evening. had a movie night or two. Made some cool stuff he got to bring home. They also had AO during the day, but we chose to do things together during the day. They even had special dinners for AO. We were very pleased with it!!

I won't be allowing my kids to sign out either once they hit that age group. By the time we are on Oasis, my oldest will be in the 9-11 year old group. I have already warned her that she will not have signing out privledges. ;)

There is no reason for a child that age to be roaming the ship unattended.

I won't let my 9 yo sign himself out either.

But I doubt he'd want to, since when I go to pick him up, he begs to stay longer! :eek: :) Yep, my kids LOVE Adventure Ocean!

Mine closed the place down every night, lol. It costed extra for those last couple of hours, but he was enjoying it so much and spending time with kids his own age that it was worth it. Plus it gave me extra time in the disco. :D Ya gotta love 70s and 80s dance nights!

Archived