The Upgrade Fairy visited

I checked my 15 November sailing on Splendour of the Seas today. I've been moved from my reserved inner room to a larger outside room. Great. Location is close to the same area, so the ride should be comparable. Of course the downside is that my pre-printed luggage tags are no longer valid.:)

Congrats on the upgrade! My upcoming cruise is one I hope the upgrade fairy doesn't visit as we got an aft corner JS....just what I want!:D

That's funny...we had an aft JS, I kept watching for the corners. N/A-no suites. Then someone on our roll call posted that they had been upgraded to an aft JS. I started to post about being among the "never visited" and then checked our ressie....and that's when the woohoo started! :D

Hello,

I was just wondering if you originally booked a specific room or a gty room. For my Feb cruise, I booked a specific room and would love an upgrade. I booked on-line through RCCL. There was no option for gty. How would I notify RCCL that they can upgrade me if they would like.

Thanks

ML

That's awesome!!! We are cruising Sunday and kept hoping our Outside gty would be upgraded but no, we are on deck to as close to the back as you can get. Yesterday they had balcony gty's but they were still too much.

You know what is annoying? When we booked it was between the Freedom on Sunday and Liberty for Saturday. Liberty was much much more expensive so we booked Freedom. Now the Liberty is down to $899 balcony gty. oh well we prefer the Freedom itinerary anyway!!

I got a visit from the upgrade fairy this morning!! I had booked an inside state room on the Liberty at fairly high price (even with our residence rate), but I checked the site yesterday to see that inside staterooms were going for $499pp with the guarantee, so I switched our room to the guarantee. This morning I check online with RCCL and I found that our room got bumped to a Promenade stateroom with more square feet than our previously booked stateroom. I am so excited. I feel like I got a good deal considering our category room is going for $759pp right now.

YAY!

I checked my 15 November sailing on Splendour of the Seas today. I've been moved from my reserved inner room to a larger outside room. Great. Location is close to the same area, so the ride should be comparable. Of course the downside is that my pre-printed luggage tags are no longer valid.:)

That SOB never came to my house.....I had plenty of visits from the Tooth Fairy, Santa Clause, Easter Bunny and even the ocassional Lucky Charms Dude for St Pattys, but the Upgrade Fairy has never shown up. ;)

I dont think she will ever visit me until I stop cruising with the kids. I take two cabins and link reservations.

Upgrade fairy, if you are reading this, I would be happy to move us all to the royal suite.;) :D

LOL. That's what I like to see; someone offering to help.

Kathy:D

Congrats to everyone on their upgrades!! That fairy has also never bothered to pay me a visit: though I would welcome her with open arms should she decide to one day.

Hey Upgrade Fairy - I am leaving on the Independence TA in 20 days and would be more than happy to take any of the 'big suites' off your hands if you're looking to unload one. :cool:

That SOB never came to my house.....I had plenty of visits from the Tooth Fairy, Santa Clause, Easter Bunny and even the ocassional Lucky Charms Dude for St Pattys, but the Upgrade Fairy has never shown up. ;)

OMG I am LMAO:D :D :D

We are sailing on the Navigator on the 6th of December. We originally had a balcony and due to finances decided to do the inside guarantee to save $500.

We were given a room assignmnt basically the last inside room on the back of the ship. Not too jazzed as we were hoping for at least a promenade.

Then RCCL dropped the price again but this time in a different inside category so we changed the booking and saved another $200. However, is it just not totally odd that our new room assignmnt was the exact same cabin at the back of the ship - just on another deck? We really did not get any type of an upgrade as this was a lower category inside. We saved a lot of money and are very happy we can still go; however, we are platnium and hoped that we would at least get some perk from it. We certainly did not expect a balcony.

Why won't the upgrade fairy visit us? We have been good all year?

We are sailing on the Navigator on the 6th of December. We originally had a balcony and due to finances decided to do the inside guarantee to save $500.

We were given a room assignmnt basically the last inside room on the back of the ship. Not too jazzed as we were hoping for at least a promenade.

Then RCCL dropped the price again but this time in a different inside category so we changed the booking and saved another $200. However, is it just not totally odd that our new room assignmnt was the exact same cabin at the back of the ship - just on another deck? We really did not get any type of an upgrade as this was a lower category inside. We saved a lot of money and are very happy we can still go; however, we are platnium and hoped that we would at least get some perk from it. We certainly did not expect a balcony.

Why won't the upgrade fairy visit us? We have been good all year? What are the odds to get a crappy room twice but on different decks? My hubby has suggested that we jump around categories and keep coming back to that guarantee and maybe we will luck into at least a room that is slightly better in location. I know you have to be happy w/whatever you get but in looking online, they have so many available cabins even in the same inside category.

Why stick us so far back?

We boooked a cruise with Carnival kind of last mintue and we booked the bunk bed room hoping we get an upgrade.This was the only way to be able to get to go on vacation this year.Hoping we get an upgrade but if not I'll be nice a take the top bunk and my husband can have the bottom LOL :D

Archived