Forget the Shore Excursions in Bermuda

twag2

Hi

We just got back from Bermuda , and forget the shore excursions , and go to Bus terminal and get you a 1 , 3 , 7 day bus pass . The 3 day Pass was $28.00 each . The passes are good for buses and ferries .. and they will take you anywhere and everywhere .. And you will meet some very interesting people and bus drivers , and we also felt safe..... it was great...........

Terry

celebrity Horizon 10-23-2004 Bermuda

Terry,

We thought the busses were great too! When we were there last year, it was just a month after Fabian had hit the island. Travelling from Hamilton to the beaches and the Dockyard were fine, but when we were in St. Georges, we couldn't go across the causeway by bus. Do you have any recommendations where to go by bus from St. Georges....we're heading back to Bermuda next May on Zenith. Thanks,

Susan

Hi Susan

We were in Hamilton on our cruise for 4 nights.. We took the ferry to St. George and rode the bus back.. Don't forget Horse Shoe Bay and Crystal Cave and the Dockyard and Dolphin Quest......... Just get on the bus and go..They leave St. George about every 30 minutes........ or take the ferry..

Terry

Me and my two sisters are going to Bermuda next May 15 for a five night . We leave NJ at ten ,at sea, then we dock at Kings Wharfs for two days, at sea and home. I am ecited because this is our younger sisterfirst cruise, this is my tenth one. We have been to Bernuda before but this one is different we didn't want to go on a long one being her first time. I know she will enjoy it.

Hi P&DinDE2

1. Horse Shoe Bay ......... a great Beach

2. Crystal Caves ............ take a bus not a shore excursion

3. Dockyards..................Dolphin Quest

4. St. George ................Just take a walk

5. Hamilton ...................Front Street Parade on WED. Night During Cruise season .....

Terry

Top of the list would be a cab tour! If your haven't been to Bermuda before, or even if you have, and have not seen all the sights, a cab tour is the way to go! Recommend at least 3-4 hours (runs about #30.per hr.). The tour drivers love to show off their beautiful island...and we will see a lot, especially during your short stay!!

Happy planning!!

• 1 month later...
Hi

The passes are good for buses and ferries .. and they will take you anywhere and everywhere .. And you will meet some very interesting people and bus drivers , and we also felt safe..... it was great...........

Terry

celebrity Horizon 10-23-2004 Bermuda

I agree, the bus and ferry system is wonderful. You can do and see everything for one low price.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

To all the people going to Bermuda ......... Do Not Forget your 1 , 3 or 7 day Bus Passes.......... If docked in Hamilton you are within 1 hour of all of Bermuda........ It is well Worth it.........

Terry

Celebrity Horizon 10-23-2004

I think the best "must see" is Horsehoe Bay. We are not beach people, but decided while in Bermuda we just had to see the pink sand that everyone was talking about.

Thank goodness we did. The must see there though is the small cove that is to the right once you go in the main entrance to the beach itself. I always thought that the pictures you see of Bermuda were enhanced in the magazines. Not so...once you see this setting with the beautfiul rock formations against the water and the small cove where you can just sit with the calm water looking at the beauty of the ocean and the beach, you will understand what I mean. Breath taking. We have been to many other places, but nothing has compared to that cove on Horshoe Bay. It has a name, however, I can't remember it, sorry.

Can anyone help me out with the name of the cove? Thanks and have a great time.

I've got to agree with most the posts - don't bother w/ the excursions. This is definitely and island worth exploring on your own at your leisure. In 1996 my husband and I did the moped thing and went everywhere. THere were a few scary calls. In 2004, we did the bus and it was neat to interact with the residents. Maybe it was just me but the only thing I found a little awkward about the buses was that you really kind of needed to know where the stops were in advance. It is no like there were signs saying, "Crystal Caves 1 mile ahead." I could see how you could get a little confused.

• 2 weeks later...
Me and my two sisters are going to Bermuda next May 15 for a five night . We leave NJ at ten ,at sea, then we dock at Kings Wharfs for two days, at sea and home. I am ecited because this is our younger sisterfirst cruise, this is my tenth one. We have been to Bernuda before but this one is different we didn't want to go on a long one being her first time. I know she will enjoy it.

I think we're on the same cruise. Voyager of the Seas May 15th Cape Liberty? Please let me know, my husband and I are first timers so I would love to know what to expect on the boat and in Bermuda.

Glad ya'll said see the island on your own. I was afraid it might not be safe enough to explore on our own but I'm glad to hear it is. Does anyone know what the water temp will be like and also what will the weather be like in NY in mid-May?

We are going onthe same ship Voyager, go to meet and mingle and you well see the post for our cruise it is Voyager 5-15-05 there is a lot of us going that there on the boards come join us and find out when we are going to try and meet. See you there.

FRAN

Hi all,

We're going to Bermuda for the first time on a transatlantic cruise in May. While there, we were thinking of going horseback riding. We'll be docked there two days. RCCL doesn't have it as one of their excursions. Has anyone ever gone while there? There is a place in Hamilton that takes you out in the am, but, we're docking at King's Warf. Is that doable?

Thanks for the help.

Mary

It depends what time in the am. The first Ferry is about 7-takes 45 minutes the slow boat. The direct to hamilton starts later around 9 and its 20 minutes to to Hamilton. I don't know where the horses go out from, but I suspect you have to take a cab from Hamilton. There are plenty there. The Cab cost from the Dockyards will be more $50.00 or so.

here are the ferry schedules.

Its the blue route

http://www.seaexpress.bm/portal/server.pt?space=CommunityPage&control=SetCommunity&CommunityID=283&PageID=0

Archived