Please tell me about the convertible sofa beds

elsieflat

Convertible single sofa bed questions (in balcony stateroom):

Are they as comfy as the regular beds?

Are they suitable for an adult?

With the sofa as a bed, can the king still be separated to twins?

Does the steward turn it back to a sofa in the mornings and remake it in the evenings as a standard practice?

If not, can we ask the steward to do that to allow more room during the day?

Since there will be 3 adults in the stateroom, will 3 balcony chairs be provided?

Thanks

Are they as comfy as the regular beds? Yes! My kids love when they have a sofa bed instead of an UPPER, they say its much more comfy.

Are they suitable for an adult? Yes

With the sofa as a bed, can the king still be separated to twins? Yes, my mom and two kids shared a room on the Liberty - two twins and a sofa bed.

Does the steward turn it back to a sofa in the mornings and remake it in the evenings as a standard practice? They did not for us, but I am sure you can ask.

If not, can we ask the steward to do that to allow more room during the day?

Since there will be 3 adults in the stateroom, will 3 balcony chairs be provided? We did not have three, and there really is not room for three... you will get one lounge chair and one upright chair.. but once again, cannot hurt to ask!

Thanks

I found a room with three to be very comfortable.

Catrin

Are they as comfy as the regular beds? Yes

Are they suitable for an adult? Yes

With the sofa as a bed, can the king still be separated to twins? Yes

Does the steward turn it back to a sofa in the mornings and remake it in the evenings as a standard practice? Ours didn't

If not, can we ask the steward to do that to allow more room during the day? We didn't ask

Since there will be 3 adults in the stateroom, will 3 balcony chairs be provided? We had 3 adults, only 2 chairs.........not really room for another

Thanks

See above

We were 3 adult (women) in a balcony stateroom. Remember to bring over the door shoe organizer for the bathroom...........would have been a mess with out it!!

Thank you very much for the replies.

I have been on the Valor in a balcony stateroom which had a sofa, but didn't even sit on it let alone sleep on it. Didn't spend much time in our own quarters, and when we were there it was only to sleep or to sit on the balcony :D

My DD- 16 at the time and 5'3"- did not like the sofa bed. She much preferred the upper bunk. She had to lay diagonally on the bed. There was not enough room with the bed out. We didn't even think to ask to have it put back. Since the upper bunk was always put away for us, we assumed that the sofa would have been put away if that was what was done. Now we know to ask first, rather than assume! Learn something new every day! Michelle:)

She had to lay diagonally on the bed

Just wondering now on the orientation of the sofa when it's made into a bed. The sofa is normally perpendicular to the twins (at least it was that way in the one and only balcony cabin that I have ever been in). Does it remain that way, so that the feet of the person sleeping on the sofa bed are in the face of the person on the twin next to the sofa? :eek: Or is the sofa turned when used as a bed so that it is in the same orientation as (parallel to) the twins? :confused: (cannot remember if there was enough room to do that)

Just wondering now on the orientation of the sofa when it's made into a bed. The sofa is normally perpendicular to the twins (at least it was that way in the one and only balcony cabin that I have ever been in). Does it remain that way, so that the feet of the person sleeping on the sofa bed are in the face of the person on the twin next to the sofa? :eek: Or is the sofa turned when used as a bed so that it is in the same orientation as (parallel to) the twins? :confused: (cannot remember if there was enough room to do that)

Here are pics of the sofa bed on Glory.......

708442934_CopyofGlory14.jpg.db29b0655d5452519bc0cdf0348fd0e0.jpg

1984970386_Copyofglory22.jpg.5212ce3f0a1aa7af9120a610ecbf40d9.jpg

Archived