OBC!!!! Thank you. More ?????

m-of-connor

I can not tell you how much CC has done for me. I do not post very much but I read every day. I saw that the price went down on our 11-22 sailing and it took me a day to call Carnival (I did not think that we would be eligible) and I told the PVP what the price was and if I could get OBC or something. I left it very open, heck I would have been happy with a free drink. The PVP did try to give me an upgrade from Riviera (we do have a room #) to the upper or empress deck. He told me that there were no more 4A or 4B so we would more and likely end up on a higher deck. I told him no thank you I will just take my OBC. My DH and I have decided that if we can't get a balcony we are fine where we are. He put me on hold and comes back with a $60 OBC:D.

My Question now is if I see the price go down again can I call back and take a upgrade and keep the original OBC or will I only get the OBC from this point forward. I want to keep the $60.OBC and see the price go down, get an upgrade to an higher deck then pay to upgrade to a balcony it is around $120. That would mean out of pocket for us just $60 for a balcony.

No matter what happens I am doing the happy dance over $60 and I can't say enough about all of the helpful information CC has given me.

If your category is sold out, then technically you were lucky to get this OBC. From what you said a higher category sold out and you wanted the price instead of moving up??

You can get more OBC if your category goes down, but it doesnt apply necessarly if another category goes down and you dont want to move. I was a little confused which price went down, but congrats, any OBC is sweet.

Yes, I think its page 6 of the documents, the caveat is you have to agree to edocs to see it. (so you wouldnt get snail docs)

Unless you've waited long enough that they've already decided to mail the docs to you; in which case, you can also access your documents online - the best of both worlds! :D

Unless you've waited long enough that they've already decided to mail the docs to you; in which case, you can also access your documents online - the best of both worlds! :D

I totally agree :) .

Today, for the first time, I could look at my documents online; and I have our paper docs at home.

I found out if you take OBC, and then the price drops again, and now you would like to upgrade, the funds in OBC are stuck there. They will not reverse the OBC to upgrade you. You will have to pay the difference, but will still have the OBC. For example, you pay $500pp for a 6a, the 6a drops to $400, and you take the $100pp OBC. Then the price of a 8a drops to $550 and you want to upgrade, you have to pay the $150pp. And the $100 OBC is still there. Hope that makes sense. I didn't mind, but it is a way that Carnival has figured out to keep the $$.

Archived