Jewel aft Cabins Deck 7

We were on the Serenade deck 7 Aft a couple of years ago and had no problem. We loved our cabin! The balcony is huge and we had no problem with noise from below. We did have problems with our neighbors one night, and the cruise cops were called. :rolleyes: Some people are just weird.

We would book the cabin again. Make sure you have breakfast delivered some mornings the balcony is a wonderful place to start your day.:D

I'm not sure when you are sailing, but we are staying in 7164 in a few weeks (actually LESS THAN 2) on the Jewel! I'd be happy to send you a note after we return. I too am concerned about the club, but it is one of the less crazy clubs (I've sailed Jewel before), so we're keeping our fingers crossed. Please feel free to email me jai313(at)gmail(dot)com after November 7th and I will let you know how it was!

Hi, can anyone tell me if there is any noise from the lounge on deck 6 in the aft cabins on deck 7. We're looking at cabin 7174.

Thanks!:)

We had that cabin and loved it. Noise was definitely not a factor. The only thing we didn't like was the loooonnnnngggg walk to it. That's when we reminded ourselves that with all the food we were eating, the walk would do us good.

We were on Deck 7 Corner Aft Royal Family Suite on the Jewel in June, 2005 for a Northern Europe sailing. The D1's had really deep balconies, extra big. Our corner balcony was large as well. We only had other folks in aft cabins above us. No noise. If you are at your railing on the balcony you can look up and see others at their railing and obviously they can look down and see you as well.

One of the best cruises we have ever sailed and one of the best locations on a Radiance Class is the Aft!!!!!!

I was in the cabin next to that (7674, I think) on last years ta. I was aware of the music below but it never really bothered me.

That said, I had difficulties with the occupant in the room next to mine. She left her balcony door open all day, whether she was there or not. The constant "roll" of the ship caused her door to **SLAM** as it rolled back and forth, at variable intervals, depending on the seas. My own door did this, too, but I put one of my sneakers in the door track to act as a "bumper". I tried to get the staff to convince my neighbor to do something similar, but she never did. Afternoon naps were thus mostly impossible.

I like to think this is an isolated incident, and I am almost certain that you will LOVE your aft cabin. The huge deck and the view are terrific, well worth the extra walk from the elevators.

We were in 7172 on the Serenade for Alaska in September and it was extremely loud from Colony Club below. Most times the music ended at 11:00 so was not bad at all, but one night there was a private party that went on until about 1:00a.m.

Would we book that cabin again? Probably not. We would try and book deck 8 instead. As to the view, you could not beat it, the best view from a balcony we ever had!

Archived