RCL Freedom Class JS location

sunrise&set

I booked cabin 1706 on Freedom of the Seas just recently. It's one of the aft facing cabins on Deck 10. Would Deck 7 be a better location? Also, I have heard that there are obstructions to your aft view. Would I be better off with one of the JS on the side? Is the balcony bigger on the aft?

Thanks for your help! I was so excited to get an aft but then I read about the obstruction.

The balcony is larger on the aft cabins. But look at the deck plans--the hull of the ship extends beyond your balcony rail. You will be able to see off the aft, but won't be able to look straight down. I don't know why that's so important to some--you eye will go to the view, no matter where it is!

For 2 adults, the side JS balconies are more than ample, IMO. I'd rather be close to the stairs and elevators than have a bigger balcony!

The balcony is larger on the aft cabins. But look at the deck plans--the hull of the ship extends beyond your balcony rail. You will be able to see off the aft, but won't be able to look straight down. I don't know why that's so important to some--you eye will go to the view, no matter where it is!

For 2 adults, the side JS balconies are more than ample, IMO. I'd rather be close to the stairs and elevators than have a bigger balcony!

Thanks for your reply! I think we'll stick with the Aft location, we've had the Aft several times and don't mind the extra walking. We'll have DS with us too so the larger balcony will be great!

Archived