Suite upgrades?

sunrise&set

I am booked on Carnival Valor for a Jan cruise. DH, DS and I are in a Categ 11 Suite. I've been watching prices and got a great price drop for my parents (9A). Anyhow, none of the Categ 12's are booked. What are the odds that we would get an upgrade? Does Carnival ever upgrade Categ 11 to 12s? Watching that price too to see if it drops enough to be worth the price difference.

Thanks for your help!

So if a specific room is booked does that mean there is no chance at an upgrade but rather an obc if the prices dropped? or can an upgrade still be offered?

It can happen, but it's rare. People book guarantees for a chance of upgrades...

I think the OP is asking whether they can upgrade from a Cat11 to Cat12. Most other poster have mentioned upgraded rooms below a Cat11 to a Cat 11. That can happen.

I've been booked on the Splendor for 12/27/08 for about a year and all I've seen is the price of suites skyrocket (from $1949 our booked price to $2949 the current price of a Cat11). I don't think I've read if anyone has ever been upgraded from a Cat11 to Cat12 unless they had a gty. Just my .02.

Wow, thanks everyone for your replies! I am perfectly happy with the Categ 11 and we got a great deal! We were looking at 2 other cruiselines and this price beat their balconies! I just wish Carnival had a few more perks for suite guests. The larger room/balcony and a tub is why we booked it though!

I was just wondering about a possible upgrade since the Categ 12s are all still available. I will definitely watch the prices! I was upgraded once back in 2002 for our Honeymoon on Carnival Legend. We had picked out our balcony cabin and I wasn't happy to find out our room was changed until I saw the room! I didn't know anything about being upgraded back then and thought they just changed our room location on us. We had a 9A but one on the side of the ship right near the elevator (which we never heard). We found this out when we checked in at the Port!

Hey S&S! Nice to see someone from our Valor roll call here. I have good news (I hope!) for you. We were booked in a Cat 11 on the Pride last year and about a month before we cruised they sent me an email that they had upgraded us to the Penthouse suite! Like you, we had kids with us (grandkids) and we needed the extra space and the tub. The Cat 12 was great. Double sinks in the bathroom, 2 huge closets, a big sectional couch and 2 chairs and a dressing room outside the bathroom with a chair and a huge mirror. The only draw back was that it was the last cabin before a bump out on the ship, so you couldn't look toward the aft. But that was no big deal. The balcony was huge, I think 70 or 80 sq ft. So I'll cross my fingers for you, especially since there's some Cat 12's still open.

Cheryl

Hey S&S! Nice to see someone from our Valor roll call here. I have good news (I hope!) for you. We were booked in a Cat 11 on the Pride last year and about a month before we cruised they sent me an email that they had upgraded us to the Penthouse suite! Like you, we had kids with us (grandkids) and we needed the extra space and the tub. The Cat 12 was great. Double sinks in the bathroom, 2 huge closets, a big sectional couch and 2 chairs and a dressing room outside the bathroom with a chair and a huge mirror. The only draw back was that it was the last cabin before a bump out on the ship, so you couldn't look toward the aft. But that was no big deal. The balcony was huge, I think 70 or 80 sq ft. So I'll cross my fingers for you, especially since there's some Cat 12's still open.

Cheryl

See, I should have just asked this in our Roll Call! Thanks so much, that's exactly what I wanted to hear. Not counting on it, but it sure would be nice!

Archived