Special things on NCL

kimala

All the NCL loyalists, please share those special little things that you think set NCL apart from the other cruise lines. For instance one thing Ive read is that you can get a free Capachino in the dinning room during lunch or dinner. I've been on RCL and Carnival and I do believe they each charge extra for that beverage in the dinning room. Its the little things that sometimes add up and make your cruise extra special. What else can I look forward to tomorrow?

Hubby loved the dual chocolate water falls in the buffet on Pearl. He also liked that the free ice cream was a high quality ice cream, not soft serve as on RCI where the high quality ice cream carries an extra charge. He loved the made-to-order crepes in the buffet that he topped with the ice cream and chocolate from the chocolate water falls.

He liked the free-style dining. The jury is still out for my opinion of free-style dining.

The two-story high screen in the Crystal Atrium was cool.

All the NCL loyalists, please share those special little things that you think set NCL apart from the other cruise lines. For instance one thing Ive read is that you can get a free Capachino in the dinning room during lunch or dinner. I've been on RCL and Carnival and I do believe they each charge extra for that beverage in the dinning room. Its the little things that sometimes add up and make your cruise extra special. What else can I look forward to tomorrow?

Cappuccino is offered for breakfast also in the main dining room. There are cappuccino machines located in the buffets on NCL ships. I love this "little extra" that NCL offers.

i am so glad to hear all the good thing about NCL I traveled with them a few years back when they first started the freestyle and was VERY disappointed! MY TA has promised me that they have gotten it together!! I sure hope so I have 11 cabins booked for Mardi Gras out of New Orleans:p

i am so glad to hear all the good thing about NCL I traveled with them a few years back when they first started the freestyle and was VERY disappointed! MY TA has promised me that they have gotten it together!! I sure hope so I have 11 cabins booked for Mardi Gras out of New Orleans:p

It took a few years of trial and error to get the Freestyle thing working, but it is so successful other lines are following with some form of flex dining.

This is not to say it is for everyone and yes, it is a little different, you might miss some things you are accustom to with traditional dining, this is offset by the features that freestyle offers.

Nita

Archived