room service meals

jimgev

I have never taken advantage of dining in my cabin. I am wondering what the selections for lunch would be for service in cabin?

Is there a regular menu for this or is the menu essentially the same as the Lido menu for lunch?

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Check this out:

Available 24 hours:

Smoked Atlantic Salmon - pickled red onion, capers & cream cheese

Mesclun Garden Greens - tomato, cucumber, alfalfa sprouts & blue cheese crumbles

Triple Decker Club Sandwich - sliced turkey, ham, bacon, tomato & lettuce served on toasted bread of your choice

All American Hamburger - broiled 1/4 pound beef patty on a sesame bun with dill pickle & coleslaw - add cheddar or Swiss cheese

Open faced Omelet - ham & cheese or vegetables

Selection of assorted cheese with crackers

Apple tart with whipped cream

Chocolate cake with raspberry sauce

A plate of chocolate chip cookies with a glass of milk

Fruit salad - selected fruits in season

Available from 12 noon until 10 PM:

Appetizers & Soups:

Bay shrimp cocktail with cocktail sauce

Smoked Atlantic Salmon

French onion soup baked with Gruyere cheese

Soup of the day

Salads:

Mesclun Garden Greens

Chef salad - mixed greens, ham, salami, swiss cheese, turkey, hard boiled egg - choice of Italian or blue cheese dressing

Caesar salad - tossed with Caesar dressing, croutons & parmesan - add bay shrimp or grilled chicken breast

Sandwiches & Burgers:

All are served with a choice of potato salad or potato chips

Triple decker club sandwich

Broiled California chicken breast sandwich on multi=grain bread with avocado & honey mustard sauce

Grilled tuna melt - tuna salad & Swiss cheese on rye bread with pickle spears

Thai Vegetarian wrap - eggplant, bamboo shoots, bean sprouts & cilantro rolled with rice & green curry sauce in a tomato tortilla

Steak sandwich - sirloin steak on sourdough bread sauteed with onion & bell pepper

All American Hamburger

Entrees:

Seared salmon steak - dill-lime fusion, broccoli florets, carrot batonnet & country mashed potatoes

Penne Primavera - tossed in marinara sauce with Italian roasted vegetables - add grilled chicken breast

Pizza:

margarita (tomato sauce & cheese)

Pepperoni

Vegetarian (mushroom & bell pepper)

Desserts:

Apple tart

Chocolate cake

Creme caramel surrounded in berry compote

Fruit jello

fruit salad

Vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce

Selection of assorted cheese with crackers

And remember that you can always order from the dinner menu. Just remember to order within the first half hour from when the dinning room opens. You can select whatever time you want to eat.

PS - we have ordered the cheese and crackers from time to time and this was the worst that we have ever had. We got 4 tiny pieces of cheese and 3 packages of crackers. For cheeses we got the Pepper-jack, American, Brie, and Gruyere and each one was just a bite!! There wasn't any Edam or Gouda.

Thanks KK.

We really enjoy the atmosphere of the main dining room for dinner. On our next cruise we have a balcony and will likely take some lunches in our cabin. Your reply is making me hungry with anticipation.

Thanks very much.

Jim

Think about breakfast on your veranda. What a delightfully spoiled way to start the day! We love room service breakfast more than going to either Pinnacle or the Dining Room.

Good thought Sail.

I expect that we will try this as well. This is our first time in a veranda cabin and we intend to make the most of it.;)

Jim

We just returned from Westerdam 15-nt Panama Canal, and really took advantage of room service. We had breakfast, snacks and dinner in our cabin several times, and room service was excellent. Fast and hot (or cold, as needed ... lol ...)

We really enjoyed taking dinner on our verandah. We ordered from the dinner menu and never had a problem!

Good thought Sail.

I expect that we will try this as well. This is our first time in a veranda cabin and we intend to make the most of it.;)

Jim

I have to second S7S's recommendation, breakfast room service is amazing!! Many lines just have cold offerings, but HAL offers eggs, omelettes, bacon etc.....

27 days till we get to enjoy it Jim!!;) :D

Hi Sher....

Ooooo, I can't wait for your cruise to get here. The faster your's gets here and you return, the sooner we go. :)

How's that for selfish? :D

You know I'm happy and excited for you to get to Oosterdam!

Hi Sher....

Ooooo, I can't wait for your cruise to get here. The faster your's gets here and you return, the sooner we go. :)

How's that for selfish? :D

You know I'm happy and excited for you to get to Oosterdam!

S7S- Can't be that selfish as I said the same to Lisa when she headed to the Oosterdam this last week ! ;) :D

We cruisers use the same logic I think.... :D

Rumor has it that the Pinnacle on the Oosterdam will have the new menu implemented by the time we celebrate our Anniversary!!

Cabin Breakfast Menu

Preferred Time Frame

6 AM - 6:30 AM 7 AM - 7:30 AM 8 AM - 8:30 AM 9 AM - 9:30 AM

6:30 AM - 7 AM 7:30 AM - 8 AM 8:30 AM - 9 AM 9:30 AM - 10 AM

Juices

Grapefruit; Orange:; Cranberry; V-8; Prune, Tomato

Fresh Fruit

Half Grapefruit; Sliced Bananas; Diced Oranges; Mixed Fruit; Seasonal Melons; Stewed Prunes

Low Fat Yogurt

Plain; Fruit

Breads

English Muffin; White Toast; Wheat Toast; Rye Toast; Danish; Croissant; Blueberry Muffin; Bran Muffin; Bagel

Preserves

Assorted Jams; Marmalade; Honey; Butter; Margarine; Cream Cheese

Cereals

Corn Flakes; Special K; Mueslix; Raisin Bran; Granola; Fruit Loops; Frosted Flakes; Rice Krispies; Shredded Wheat

With: Milk; 2% Milk; Skim Milk

Eggs & Meats

Two Eggs: Scrambled or sunnyside up or over easy

Omelet: With Cheese or With Ham and Cheese

Eggbeaters: Scrambled or Omelet with Cheese or Omelet with Ham and Cheese

Meat: Ham or Sausage or Bacon

Beverages

Regular Coffee; Decaf Coffee; Tea; Hot Chocolate; Milk; 2% Milk; Skim Milk; Half & Half

If you have your breakfast delivered during the times when the main dining room is open (listed in daily program) -- then you can even write in special items like Eggs Benedict, Pancakes, etc.

Breakfast on the veranda is a fabulous way to start the day. I have always had it delivered right on time, hot, and just what we ordered. Love it! I don't like the lines and confusion in the Lido in the morning and don't feel like going to the dining room. The veranda is perfect.:D

On a couple of occassions our breakfasts arrived nearly an hour late -- cold. One time we just left and went to eat in the dining room -- got so disgusted.

A couple of times we got only 1/2 of what we ordered.

The worst was when the ship had the Norvo, everyone had to vacate their cabins by 8 AM so that the massive cleaning crew could come on board and start to clean the ship down. We had ordered breakfast for 6:30 -- at 7 we were calling room service as well as our concierge -- several calls were made before we had to leave -- by this time we just grabbed some rolls from the Neptune Lounge. Our cabin was near the front elevators. As we were lined up waiting for an elevator shortly after 8, we noticed that there was a man walkling into our cabin with our breakfast -- we said nothing -- got on the elevator and left.

We discovered that ordering room service breakfast is too great a responsibility :D We were awake and hungry long before the time for which we'd ordered. So one of us had to run to the Lido to get "snacks" while the other waited in the room in case breakfast arrived early. Then of course there's the whole "do I have time to shower?" issue, and then "do I have time to get dressed?".... sigh... we gave up on room service breakfast after that.

What is the usual charge for room service?

We're used to having fresh fruits and juices around, do we need to order that in everyday, or is there some way to let room service know to stock our cabin each day?

What is the usual charge for room service?

We're used to having fresh fruits and juices around, do we need to order that in everyday, or is there some way to let room service know to stock our cabin each day?

The cost of room service is included in the price of the cruise. No extra charge. You might wish to tip the server. You can get fresh fruit in the Lido to keep supplied or just make a note to your cabin attendant. Juice is served in glasses, so I don't know how you would handle that, but you can order multiple glasses at breakfast and store them in the fridge if you have one.

Archived