Eurodam Debarkation

Zeta3

I was on the 3 day Eurodam and we were given a choice to take our luggage off with us or the traditional way where you put the luggage out the night before.

It was a little hectic. They were releasing people by deck, but I don't think anyone heeded the instructions and all tried to leave at the same time.

After the 15 day tansition cruise we had no problems.

We have found historically that all the problems during debarkment are caused by those passangers that feel that the rules do not apply to them. They either leave when they want and but into the line or try to carry too much luggage off the ship when they are leaving rather than have it taken to the terminal.

We get extra coffee for breakfast, relax in the cabin, and wait for our number and color to be called and then leave. We never try to be the first group off the ship. When we are driving we generally among the last to get off the ship and we are still leaving the terminal before a lot of those who rushed to get off.

Ruth & Jim

The only times people have posted they had to carry their own luggage off when they disembarked is in the case of HAL's 3-day cruises. Never has there been such a post on the usual 7-day cruises, or longer ones.

It would make sense that folks on a 3-day cruise would have much less luggage than those on a longer cruise, and therefore would be better able to disembark without sending their luggage to be hauled and sorted.

Quoting the Guest Relations manager letter to passengers on the 3-day. "If you require your bags to be placed outside in the port terminal for you by HAL you will be required to remain onboard until these bags are security checked and placed in the baggage hall. Please advise us by 3 pm." We were taking our bag off ourselves and waited in our room for our deck to be called to debark as directed in another paragraph of the above mentioned letter. Everyone else on our floor left and when I asked why were were the only ones left. I was told if you carried your own bag you could leave at any time. That was not stated in directions. Seems to me the staff should also get letters as to what was going on for debarkation. Also I truly believe passengers never read anything put in their room mailboxes!

Archived