Liquor tasting - worth it?

cross-stitcher

Any experience with the "liquor tastings"? Worth the money? How many drinks are offered? We will be on the Dawn in January and looking to make best decisions for our time onboard.

We did the Martini Clinic on Majesty.. They served us around 8 martinis so yes, it's worth it... and a lot of fun... at least I think we had fun. LOL

We did the Martini Clinic on Majesty.. They served us around 8 martinis so yes, it's worth it... and a lot of fun... at least I think we had fun. LOL

We did the martini tasting on the Spirit a few weeks ago. What fun ! They gave us a good portion of 5 to try....my fave was the apple one. I made sure to ask for a continual round of pretzels, tho because I'm such a cheap date. Hubby downed each one with ease....but it was a very good idea that we didn't have to drive back to our cabin, lol.

We did the martini tasting on the Spirit a few weeks ago. What fun ! They gave us a good portion of 5 to try....my fave was the apple one. I made sure to ask for a continual round of pretzels, tho because I'm such a cheap date. Hubby downed each one with ease....but it was a very good idea that we didn't have to drive back to our cabin, lol.

Hehee! Maybe it was 5!! I lost count after 3! We paid $15 ea. also.

Can you use OBC for this? I will have more OBC on my upcoming sky cruise then I know what to do with so I want to make sure I use it all. This sounds promising.

You can use OBC's for anything but the dairly surcharge.

If you do the clinics, you can share between yourself and your spouse/friend, whomever.

Happy Cruising! :)

Can I also purchase a bottle of wine on board with OBC and drink it in my room? I know I can bring it on board and also order in advance, but can I actually purchase(with OBC) and have it delivered or just carry to the room?

If you bring a couple bottles on board and pay the corkage fee is that with credit card or OBC?

Sorry, really didn't mean to hijack the thread:D

Can I also purchase a bottle of wine on board with OBC and drink it in my room? I know I can bring it on board and also order in advance, but can I actually purchase(with OBC) and have it delivered or just carry to the room?

If you bring a couple bottles on board and pay the corkage fee is that with credit card or OBC?

Sorry, really didn't mean to hijack the thread:D

The answer to all parts of this question is "yes"!

Everything you are asking about will be charged to your onboard account. Your OBC's will be deducted from your gross amount on the account and your credit card will be charged the net amount.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

Any experience with the "liquor tastings"? Worth the money? How many drinks are offered? We will be on the Dawn in January and looking to make best decisions for our time onboard.

The maritni clinic is certainly worth it. You meet so many nice people, even if they were not your friends ahead of time, after the martinis they will be. ON the Sun they let us split the martini tasting, I don't know if they still do, but either way it is a fun time, educational and certainly worth the price.

Nita

AFAMILY

Do you mean you can just order one of the tastings and share them with your spouse? This way you only spend $15 instead of $30?

yep, that is the way it worked on the Sun. Couples were doing just that, unforturnately DD and I didn't know that in time. I would have been much better off with 1/2 as many...

Nita

Hehee! Maybe it was 5!! I lost count after 3! We paid $15 ea. also.

LOL - you started seeing double after your 2nd martini !!! :D :D

I agree the clinics were lots of fun - me being a good drinker, sat at end of the bar where they were mixing and pouring the martinis (there were about 30+ people) and I would point out the glass with the largest amount and said "that's mine" - the bartender complied with pleasure! :D

A plus ... the handle on the shower wall came in very handy when I was getting ready for dinner. :eek: :D

Hopefully on the Med cruise this Xmas there'll be a Whisky clinic so DH can attend. I'll come along to give him my shots (I can't drink whisky neat - prefer ginger ale with it) - $15 is really worth it!

LOL - you started seeing double after your 2nd martini !!! :D :D

I agree the clinics were lots of fun - me being a good drinker, sat at end of the bar where they were mixing and pouring the martinis (there were about 30+ people) and I would point out the glass with the largest amount and said "that's mine" - the bartender complied with pleasure! :D

A plus ... the handle on the shower wall came in very handy when I was getting ready for dinner. :eek: :D

Hopefully on the Med cruise this Xmas there'll be a Whisky clinic so DH can attend. I'll come along to give him my shots (I can't drink whisky neat - prefer ginger ale with it) - $15 is really worth it!

LOL.. I'm so busted! OK, here's the real story... For our Martini Clinic no one showed up but us!! So we had to recruit folks to partake or they were going to cancel!! We succeeded and the rest is history.

Archived