WHO'S ON BOARD: Officers, Staff and Crew

C 2 C

Here's my post from back on June 3rd:

So Raluca left Summit on 6/15 then Ashley took over. Not sure how long the hosts(ess) stay on board, but it should be Ashley.

Ashley was really excellent. She joined towards the end of our 6/8 cruise and was instantly so friendly and accommodating. I'd be curious to see if others agree with my opinion.

Can you clear up a little? Gone to what future cruise? Left the Reflection? Any idea where he is going?

Thanks so much!

Hi,

I do not know what the "roll eyes" is about, but I am assuming the poster means he has gone to future cruise sales. At least, I hope that is what is meant. That would be so great for him.

Ashley was really excellent. She joined towards the end of our 6/8 cruise and was instantly so friendly and accommodating. I'd be curious to see if others agree with my opinion.
I agree. Ashley was great, very friendly to everyone.

What exactly do they do for you? Just curios!

They are the official Captain's Club representative on the ship. They get a list of passengers and their status prior to the cruise and prepare their coupons, vouchers, etc. The are responsible for the Elite breakfast and Happy Hour. They are also responsible for the Captain's Club Celebration. They handle any questions and problems that a guest may have with their status. They were (there may have been a recent change) responsible for seating for the Captain's Table. Really a very demanding job that so many do so well.

Long time, much-loved RCI cruise director Richard Spacey, who moved into a corporate position (Head of Entertainment) with Celebrity last year, just posted on Twitter that he will be filling in on the Summit soon (he did not give an exact start date).

I do hope he is on board for the repo cruise on 10/19. Although we love the Summit the CDs have been less than stellar. We have always found the RCI CDs to be much more engaging, talented and fun. I just watched the Richard Spacey You Tube and he was hysterical. Would be nice to have a high energy fun CD for the contiguous sea days. Have often wondered if X put on the more staid (yawn) CDs because of the "older" demographic.

They are the official Captain's Club representative on the ship. They get a list of passengers and their status prior to the cruise and prepare their coupons, vouchers, etc. The are responsible for the Elite breakfast and Happy Hour. They are also responsible for the Captain's Club Celebration. They handle any questions and problems that a guest may have with their status. They were (there may have been a recent change) responsible for seating for the Captain's Table. Really a very demanding job that so many do so well.

What changes have been made to the CC's being in charge of the Captain's Table seating? Is it not their choice anymore? I know there's a 'pecking order', but they used to have some discretion in the matter.

I do hope he is on board for the repo cruise on 10/19. Although we love the Summit the CDs have been less than stellar. We have always found the RCI CDs to be much more engaging, talented and fun. I just watched the Richard Spacey You Tube and he was hysterical. Would be nice to have a high energy fun CD for the contiguous sea days. Have often wondered if X put on the more staid (yawn) CDs because of the "older" demographic.

I have to say that Steve was our CD on Summit last year, and we thought he was very dynamic and energetic.

Of course, Richard Spacey is in a class by himself, but we thought that Steve was stellar and fun!

What changes have been made to the CC's being in charge of the Captain's Table seating? Is it not their choice anymore? I know there's a 'pecking order', but they used to have some discretion in the matter.

This should be a new thread since it has nothing to do with "Who's onboard". Briefly, there have been rumors that have not been supported that Captain's tables have ended on one or more ships. I know that on one ship, one Captain wants to approve any invitations to his table due to the demanding behavior of one guest. The Host/Hostess was forming the tables in the past and might still be doing it now. I emailed a friend on a ship for more details. Perhaps others can confirm or deny on another thread. I will not respond to further questions about Captain's Tables on this thread.

Edited by Orator

Interested in your "pecking order" order comment.

The CC host is in charge of finding suitable guests to join the Capts table, and most of the time work with the host of the table for the night in question.

If there is a pecking order I must be up there somewhere #lol - I've been on 19 tables so far over the years.

Hi Arno!

Just disembarked Equinox yesterday and here is the latest information as of "In the Spotlight" given to us on the 7-26-14 cruise and I've listed any changes as of 8-02-14:

Master -- Captain Panagiotis Mantzavinos -- Going on vacation as of 8-02. Don't know who is replacing him.

Chief Engineer -- Ioannis Tseronis

Staff Captain -- Ilias Stevanatos

Guest Relations Manager -- Jann Ramos

Hotel Director -- Benny Weidacher -- Going on vacation as of 8-02. Don't know who is replacing him.

Cruise Director -- Paul Baya

Food & Beverage Director -- Mark Tomley

Executive Chef -- Michael Fernandes

Captain's Club Hostess -- Rossy Anguelova -- Going on vacation as of 8-02 for four weeks and being replaced by Donna Tremblath (sp?) who will then return to Silhouette.

Michael's Club Concierge -- Milica (Millie) Stankovic

Hope this helps!

Hi Arno!

Just disembarked Equinox yesterday and here is the latest information as of "In the Spotlight" given to us on the 7-26-14 cruise and I've listed any changes as of 8-02-14:

Equinox as of 8-2-14

Thank you for the update. I believe M. Karatzas is the other EQ captain.

We have always found the RCI CDs to be much more engaging, talented and fun.

However we find that Celebrity CDs on the whole are more accessible to passengers then on RCI.

On Celebrity many of the CDs roam through the lounges conversing with guests. On Oasis and Allure this year we never spotted the CD outside of the shows.

However we find that Celebrity CDs on the whole are more accessible to passengers then on RCI.

On Celebrity many of the CDs roam through the lounges conversing with guests. On Oasis and Allure this year we never spotted the CD outside of the shows.

Watch for Dru Pavlov one the of the best ever CDs with Celebrity. He moved up to enterainment manager ashore. Seen him a few months ago as he was moving to RCL and going back to being a CD. He much prefers the interaction with guests and the several months off as a time. Shore side vacations were not to his liking. He said he was doing Oasis (?).

Watch for Dru Pavlov one the of the best ever CDs with Celebrity. He moved up to enterainment manager ashore. Seen him a few months ago as he was moving to RCL and going back to being a CD. He much prefers the interaction with guests and the several months off as a time. Shore side vacations were not to his liking. He said he was doing Oasis (?).

About a year and a half ago we were at a Captain's Table with Dru. I specifically asked him if he missed being a CD and he indicated that he did. You are right, he was among they very best at the job. Wish he'd return to his Celebrity roots.

Here's my post from back on June 3rd:

So Raluca left Summit on 6/15 then Ashley took over. Not sure how long the hosts(ess) stay on board, but it should be Ashley.

We originally met Ashley last December on the Summit, she was amazing. Ashley and her husband Max were due to take vacation through May and then back on the ship for six months. Those on the 10/19 Repositioning cruise to San Juan should get to meet her. You will love har as many already do.