Crown and Society Gift on board

HKG

We received the tote bags on the Brilliance in January and the hats on the Navigator in April. Much happier with both gifts than we were with the picture frames. The ball caps are very nice quality; we'd be happy to have more of them.

Kathy:)

Truffles2 - Since you on the TA could you post what gift they are giving out then? Our sailing is only 5 days after you arrive in FLL I'm guessing it would be the same.

We are hoping it isn't the picture frames.....:(

Thanks!

As a mission, our church partners with other area churches to go drill fresh water wells in the Dominican Republic each January. They use baseball caps as "ice breakers" and "thank you for you help" when meeting and working with the Domincans. They really crave any cap, especially ones with a logo on it, so I collect mine and send them down there with the mission team.

As a mission, our church partners with other area churches to go drill fresh water wells in the Dominican Republic each January. They use baseball caps as "ice breakers" and "thank you for you help" when meeting and working with the Domincans. They really crave any cap, especially ones with a logo on it, so I collect mine and send them down there with the mission team.

That's a beautiful idea!

It seems to my recollection that the Fall is generally when they start changing over to a new C&A gift. I have enough tote bags and caps now (gave away my "pleather" picture frames to new cruisers on our ships).

How about a photo album from RCL with the name of the ship on it? --and bring us back our coupon for a free photo!!

Hello All

Does anyone know what the crown and society gift will be? Does it change by month, ship? I was on FOS back in September 2007 it was a bag and Monarch in September 2008 it was a hat.

We were on Monarch in Sept 08 also. But we received mini flashlight that attaches to keychain. Just out of curiousity, when in Sept did you sail? We did Sept 26-29. We were in GS and are Platinum. Wondering if any of that makes a difference in what you receive.

Why can't they offer an assortment, like half a dozen, of different items to give to returning cruisers and not give everyone the same thing since not everyone would like the same item?

Maybe that could be something they could include in the paperwork you fill out on-line for your set-sail pass. Offer the items (tote bag, ball cap, photo frame, beach towel, etc.) and you choose which item you would like and it will be waiting for you in your stateroom.

Wouldn't that make everyone happy with their gift then, if they had the opportunity to choose what they would like to receive?

I have only cruised more than once with Disney, and we received nice beach towels. I don't wear ball caps so if that's what they're giving out on the Mariner I will probably just give it to someone else. :(

I don't know how frequently they change the gifts but over the years we have received a wide variety of gifts. At present, the Crown and Anchor baseball caps seem to be it. Those of us who sail with RCI more than once a year probably have an overabundance of the same things, but on every cruise there are plenty of first timers to whom any gift is new and appreciated. Don't know how they can give gifts on every cruise without there being some duplication for frequent cruisers, and some gifts will clearly be better appreciated by some passengers than others. What's the saying about looking gift horses in the mouth?:)

Well said, totally agree!!:) :D

Why can't they offer an assortment, like half a dozen, of different items to give to returning cruisers and not give everyone the same thing since not everyone would like the same item?

Maybe that could be something they could include in the paperwork you fill out on-line for your set-sail pass. Offer the items (tote bag, ball cap, photo frame, beach towel, etc.) and you choose which item you would like and it will be waiting for you in your stateroom.

Wouldn't that make everyone happy with their gift then, if they had the opportunity to choose what they would like to receive?

I have only cruised more than once with Disney, and we received nice beach towels. I don't wear ball caps so if that's what they're giving out on the Mariner I will probably just give it to someone else. :(

Basically your solution would create more paperwork and inventory problems for them than they probably feel it is worth. Keeping track of who wanted what amenity (at certain levels, C&A members are already called and asked to choose a special amenity for their cruise) when it involves so many passengers each sailing and making sure that there are adequate supplies of each item is, to them at least, too much of a burden.

I also suspect that no matter what choices they offered there would be some of us who would complain about the choices being offered.

I suspect that if Disney gives nice beach towels on every one of their cruises, you will find posters on the Disney board complaining about the number of beach towels that they have received and wanting Disney to offer something different.:rolleyes:

Actually the quality of most of the C&A gifts has been pretty high and would make great gifts if you don't have any need for them.:)

Archived