lobster

nsshel

My understanding from reading the experts here is that lobster can be ordered with room service on the formal night when it is on the main dining room menu. Hopefully someone will tell you about the time to order room service from the dining room offerings. I think it has to be in the time the dining room is open but I'm not sure. I don't know about the Lido but someone here will. I think you'll get the factual answers from those who know soon.

On Westerdam earlier this month, lobster was NOT available in the Lido. I overheard a lady using the house phone in the Lido to call room service and order lobster tails (two per person) to be delivered to her stateroom.

When we wished to have dinner in our suite, we called room service within the first 30 minutes the dining room was open, and they arrived promptly. Dining on our verandah was a wonderful experience...

On Westerdam earlier this month, lobster was NOT available in the Lido. I overheard a lady using the house phone in the Lido to call room service and order lobster tails (two per person) to be delivered to her stateroom.

When we wished to have dinner in our suite, we called room service within the first 30 minutes the dining room was open, and they arrived promptly. Dining on our verandah was a wonderful experience...

What a great way to enjoy Lobster!!!!

Come to Boston now and have your lobster. The prices are lower than they have been in a VERY long time.

My DW has the goal in life to go to New England for fresh lobster and other seafood. That being said, I suppose we will wind up in New England.

My DW has the goal in life to go to New England for fresh lobster and other seafood. That being said, I suppose we will wind up in New England.

:) There ARE worse things that could happen to you. ;)

We just returned from the Oosterdam and while they had lobster they did not have lobster. The only lobster they had was Lobster Thermidor. Not the wonderful lobster tail still in the shell like we have had on previous cruises. Just little pieces in sauce. I hope this is not going to be the future surf replacement on formal night. Our waiter said that is what they put on the menu and he did not know why they did not have have lobster tails.

I hope it was only a tempory change.

Jeff

On lobster night in the dining room, is it possible to order room service lobster? Is lobster served in the Lido on that night? Thanks

untitled.jpg

Sorry, I seldom post negative information. We just returned from the 7 day Mexican Riviera Cruise aboard the beautiful Oosterdam. Lobster night was perhaps the most disappointing meal that we encountered. The lobster was prepared newburg style. Not much lobster and certainly nothing special. Again sorry for this review but felt that many of you may find it interesting.

Shirley

Even though we get excellent lobster where we live, when DH and I have done Canada/New England cruises -- we try to eat Lobster in every port!!!

Go for it!!

We just returned from the Oosterdam and while they had lobster they did not have lobster. The only lobster they had was Lobster Thermidor. Not the wonderful lobster tail still in the shell like we have had on previous cruises. Just little pieces in sauce. I hope this is not going to be the future surf replacement on formal night. Our waiter said that is what they put on the menu and he did not know why they did not have have lobster tails.

I hope it was only a tempory change.

Jeff

The lobster tails on all the ships that we have been on have always been tiny -- barely 2 - 3 bites -- and always tough -- kept under the silver dome too long before it is served (thus it is still cooking).

Did have lobster thermador on a couple of other cruise lines -- it was very good.

untitled.jpg

Sorry' date=' I seldom post negative information. We just returned from the 7 day Mexican Riviera Cruise aboard the beautiful Oosterdam. Lobster night was perhaps the most disappointing meal that we encountered. The lobster was prepared newburg style. Not much lobster and certainly nothing special. Again sorry for this review but felt that many of you may find it interesting. [/size']

Shirley

He is so cute!!!

This past weekend (10/25/08) in Maine price of lobster at the various sellers was only $3.99/lb. Great time to order and have it shipped if you can't get up here. If you can get to Maine, even the supermarkets are getting in on the deal - they'll cook it while you shop for no extra charge! I got 5 "chickens" (between 1 & 1.25 lbs) totally 6 lbs for $30.

Not to do a "can you top this", but we bought lobsters in Pemaquid last week for $3.29. The lobstermen are really hurting. Diesel is still high and bait is very high. The locals who rarely buy lobsters because they're too expensive are now buying them because of the low cost and to help the lobstermen. I heard that wholesale prices are down near $2/lb.

I suspect this may change as the weather gets colder and fewer lobstermen are out there.

In the meantime. maybe that will make it worth HAL's effort to buy the real thing!

This past weekend (10/25/08) in Maine price of lobster at the various sellers was only $3.99/lb. Great time to order and have it shipped if you can't get up here. If you can get to Maine, even the supermarkets are getting in on the deal - they'll cook it while you shop for no extra charge! I got 5 "chickens" (between 1 & 1.25 lbs) totally 6 lbs for $30.

Any suggestions on who mail-orders it? That price can't be beat! ;)

Archived