San Padro to Lax Help!

biggiebigs7

The cheapest way would be a shared shuttle, which would be under $20 per person. The "best" way, IMHO, since you're in a bit of a hurry, would be to take a cab for about $60.

If you go to the purser's desk and explain to them that you have an early flight they will give you tags. Alternatively, I believe that Princess has an express disembarkation, where you take your bags off yourself, but I'm not positive about that.

You're flying out of LAX at 11am??? Good luck, because you'll need a lot of really good luck to make that flight. Have you ever flown out of LAX before? It's a madhouse. It's crowded and the lines for checking in, and especially for security are always very long. It's about a 35 to 40 minute drive from the port to LAX, and that's if the traffic moves without incident. You really need private transportation to make your flight. You cannot rely on shuttles or anything like that because you can't count on their times. My last two cruises out of San Pedro, I had flights at noon and just after, and I barely made those flights.

Just hope you are not flying US Air or Southwest. The lines in Terminal One are the LONGEST in the airport. Often out the door, down the sidewalk for both security and check in.

Other than getting off the ship FIRST and I mean FIRST, you need to have a car service or a taxi waiting for you. All your paperwork in order for customs, EVERYTHING ready to go very fast. Are you trying out for the Amazing Race???

I guess my experiences are much different, but getting off RCCL, I've been able to get to LAX by 9-10 AM fairly easily. I've also never run into a line at the airport at all (flying NWA and Continental) ... maybe I'm lucky.

Anyway, there is a median when you get off the ship where SuperShuttle and PrimeTime run their shared rides from. You can prebook this or you can get off and go with whichever has a van there and taking off for LAX the soonest.

Just remember ... take your own bags off and try to be near the front of the line ... and hope for no customs/immigration delays.

So what if the ship is late? I never count on the ship docking as planned and book later afternoon flights. Then if I get to the airport early try to standby on an earlier flight.

I'm not even sure most travel insurance will pay if the ship is only a couple of hours late and you miss your flight.

Regarding super shuttle, one did live San Pedro early. All the rest did wait about 20 minutes or longer until filled and ours even dropped passengers at the their home before going on to the airport.

Good luck.

I'm not even sure most travel insurance will pay if the ship is only a couple of hours late and you miss your flight.

Most travel insurance will pay, but only if your flight is after the time recommended by the cruiselines.

Archived