2 day cruise question

phinn

Looking to take a quick break. Can anyone tell me if there is assigned dining on a two day cruise? If there is, would that be formal dress? Looking at the Navigator and couldn't pass up the chance to get away...

who all has booked and what type of cabins do you have booked?

I just booked #7334 SOV at a senior discount for $179 pp!! I new there was a reason they call these "golden years"..... nice you just have to be over 55. This is my perfect chance to get a taste of the Voyager class of ships. I'm so glad there seems to be a better selection lately. Who else is booked??

I just booked #7334 SOV at a senior discount for $179 pp!! I new there was a reason they call these "golden years"..... nice you just have to be over 55. This is my perfect chance to get a taste of the Voyager class of ships. I'm so glad there seems to be a better selection lately. Who else is booked??

I have not booked yet...I am trying to talk DH into...But for $99 for an inside......He is just concerned about taking time of of work...He just started a new job this month.

I for one will dress up. I do it for me because it makes me feel good. Wore uniform everyday to work for years, it's nice to dress up and feel good inside even if it is for one meal. The rest I will probably scatter my appetite all over the ship. Hope to see you all onboard!

RCCL's website only gives the formal/smart casual/casual designations for cruises of 3 nights or more.

There will be assigned dining, but if it's only 2 nights, I can't imagine a "formal evening"!!! If you will be onboard for 3 nights, the 2nd night will be formal.

My BFF and I seriously considered doing the 2 night Navigator for a girl's weekend. Then we found out not only could we not use our Shareholder credit on it, but you also do not get a cruise credit for it. So even though it is very inexpensive, we decided not to go since we could not get a cruise credit for it.

My BFF and I seriously considered doing the 2 night Navigator for a girl's weekend. Then we found out not only could we not use our Shareholder credit on it, but you also do not get a cruise credit for it. So even though it is very inexpensive, we decided not to go since we could not get a cruise credit for it.

Where is that information? I looked at the website and the only thing it said was to complete a sailing. It did not mention length.

Did the 2 day on Monarch and there was no formal night. We did, however, get the cruise credit, though the balcony discount couldn't be applied.

I booked the NOS 2 day but I'm seriously looking into adding on a 5 day before or after--it all depends on whether or not I can convince my husband to spend the money.

We have booked two "hump" balcony cabins for the two-night on Navigator. I hope there is no formal night, but I have sailed on two-night cruises that did have a formal night.

It seems like a bother though. We can do a two-night with a carry on bag, but if there is a formal night, a carry on isn't enough.

We are really looking forward to this cruise.

We have booked two "hump" balcony cabins for the two-night on Navigator. I hope there is no formal night, but I have sailed on two-night cruises that did have a formal night.

It seems like a bother though. We can do a two-night with a carry on bag, but if there is a formal night, a carry on isn't enough.

We are really looking forward to this cruise.

I have to disagree - we just went on a 3 night with a formal night and did a carryon only. My husband brought a full suit and I brought a long dress and 3 pair of shoes. It's all in the manner of packing!

We vowed we would not spend the money to check bags if we could fit it all and we did!

I am booked on the 2-night 1/22 sailing on the Navigator. My hubby is over 55 do we were able to get D2 for $179+. We just booked the same cabin on the 5-night sailing right after on 1/24 which had a residency rate. I spoke with Crown & Anchor and the 2-night counts as a cruise credit. I was only able to use my Diamond balcony discount on the 5-night, though. the discount can only be applied to sailings 3-nights or longer.

In the end we ended up paying $840 each for 7-days of cruising & get 2 cruise credits:D!

I am from the Northest and it is starting to get cold...By January I will need some "fun in the sun".

maybe......So what are they.

RCCL Platinum Memeber

Past cruises:

Rccl Liberty of the Sea's 2007

Rccl Explorer of the sea's 2005

Rccl Raidance of the sea's 2003

Carnival Fantsy 1997

Carnival Celebration 1994

Memeber = Member

Sea's = Seas

Raidance = Radiance

Fantsy = Fantasy

Yes, you do get a C&A credit for a 2 nighter. You even get 2 credits for JSs and above.

###

Archived