Pizza Crust

greensha

I was on the Liberty in March this year and was very disappointed to discover the recipe for the pizza crust had been changed. Instead of the tasty thin crust, it was now doughy and bland. I happened to bump into the Maitre d' while waiting for a slice and asked him about the change. He said it was in response to comments made by guests and the whole Carnival line had changed. He said he preferred the old style and suggested I fill out the survey at the end of the cruise and tell the higher-up's what I thought.

Can any recent cruisers tell me if they are still using the thick crust recipe?

Thanks,

Andy

While I have never been a big fan of Carnival pizza (I have maybe one slice each cruise) dh surely makes up for what I don't eat. The pizza is always a bit different on each ship - maybe due to the ovens, etc. He didn't mention any difference. Then again, nothing is like NY pizza!

Can any recent cruisers tell me if they are still using the thick crust recipe?

Thanks,

Andy

I sure hope so,,,,I hate thin crust pizza,,,half the goodness of pizza is lot's of carbs!!!!!!!

However, how difficult would it be to have two types of crust???? Holly

I sure hope so,,,,I hate thin crust pizza,,,half the goodness of pizza is lot's of carbs!!!!!!!

This wasn't good thick crust though. It was bland and quite doughy, almost as though it wasn't cooked through properly. If you asked, the cooks would put it back in the oven for a couple of minutes, but then it was fairly dry and bland.

The local water and local ingredients completely change the taste and "feel" of every pizza.

That is why you can only get good New York style pizza in New York, you can only get good Chicago style pizza in Chicago, and you can only get good LA style pizza in LA.

Once you move out of those areas, you have to adapt to what is the local style and ingredients.

Same goes for the cruise ships, each ship's pizza is going to be different, because of the local ingredients available to that particular ship.

The chefs and the ovens will also contribute to better or worse.

The pizza will change on each ship, and each sailing.

Just so you know.

Same recipe does not equal same pizza.

8cca0af3803a80edfeb0c0588f66833e.jpg

Archived