VD category on Westerdam

cruizn2escape

I understand the balcony on the VD category is larger than other V categories. Can anyone tell me how much larger and what type of furniture is on the balcony? Any pictures of the VD balcony? Thanks in advance for your help.
The VDs are 7.5 ft deep while the side VA/VB/VC are 6 ft deep. All are nine ft wide. I believe the VD furniture is the same as the other Vs that we have had: 2 chairs and a footstool.

Here is picture of VC verandahs on deck 5 showing the furniture. You can see that the VDs on deck 4 extend out more.

attachment.php?attachmentid=31973&d=1163375327

The VDs are 7.5 ft deep while the side VA/VB/VC are 6 ft deep. All are nine ft wide. I believe the VD furniture is the same as the other Vs that we have had: 2 chairs and a footstool.

Here is picture of VC verandahs on deck 5 showing the furniture. You can see that the VDs on deck 4 extend out more.

attachment.php?attachmentid=31973&d=1163375327

I notice the partition doors are open on three of cabins. I was told that was not allowed. Was I misinformed?

I also have vd cabins booked on the Eurodam. If you look at this picture of the Eurodam the partitions on the deck 4 balconies do stick out further than the decks above. (Deck 4 is along the lifeboats). Hopefully someone can verify this that has been on the Eurodam in one of these cabins. I'm hopeful that they are larger!

Karenhmc3.jpg

Does anyone know if this larger balcony is the same for the VD's on the Eurodam? I'm booked for a VD guarantee and maybe I won't want a potential upgrade is the balcony is in fact larger. :)

Yes, they are the same on the Eurodam.

Peter's right. I was a constant user of the glass elevators during my 20 days on the E-dam and always noted this. The Upper Promenade verandas were significantly further out from the ship than on other decks.

Peter's right. I was a constant user of the glass elevators during my 20 days on the E-dam and always noted this. The Upper Promenade verandas were significantly further out from the ship than on other decks.

I had a good view from the parking lot above the pier in New York when we were there for the Mariners brunch; I saw our VD balcony and it looked just like the one we had on the Zuiderdam (we booked the same cabin #4043).

I have pictures of that visit at: http://good-times.webshots.com/album/566196282wddmPJ?vhost=good-times

Does anyone know if this larger balcony is the same for the VD's on the Eurodam? I'm booked for a VD guarantee and maybe I won't want a potential upgrade is the balcony is in fact larger. :)

Yes, they are the same on the Eurodam.
If anyone wants a huge verandam in a VA cabin on the Eurodam, book 4132 or 4129. They are each the standard 9 ft wide, but I estimate them to be about 16.5 ft deep!! :eek: The deck plans do not show this, but the verandahs extend all the way out to line up with all the VDs aft of them. VD4131 and 4134 are not angled at the railing as shown on the deck plan. So, these two VA cabins have not only the 7.5 depth of the VD verandahs, but also an added 9 feet because of the set-back of the hallway to go around the life boats. The disadvantage of these two cabins is that they are in almost full view of H4130 and H4127. (We were in 4130!)

VD4131 and 4134 must also have huge balconies, as their railings line up straight with the next VDs.

If anyone wants a huge verandam in a VA cabin on the Eurodam, book 4132 or 4129. They are each the standard 9 ft wide, but I estimate them to be about 16.5 ft deep!! :eek: The deck plans do not show this, but the verandahs extend all the way out to line up with all the VDs aft of them. VD4131 and 4134 are not angled at the railing as shown on the deck plan. So, these two VA cabins have not only the 7.5 depth of the VD verandahs, but also an added 9 feet because of the set-back of the hallway to go around the life boats. The disadvantage of these two cabins is that they are in almost full view of H4130 and H4127. (We were in 4130!)

VD4131 and 4134 must also have huge balconies, as their railings line up straight with the next VDs.

I believe the same is true for 4051/4052 and 4053/4054.

Did you happen to get a glimpse of 4166 to see if it was larger (longer), like Vista class?

I believe it is a bigger balcony too - as is 4168.

Archived