Who do you get your insurance through?

serena_17

Can someone please advise if Worldcare covers against sickness/death before leaving date? ie....

If myself or family member (attending the cruise) get sick and we are unable to go??

If a non-cruising family member becomes ill or dies??

I tried to ring them but due to world events they are very very busy and I was on hold for over 30mins :eek:

I got a quote off AAMI Travel Insurance but they only cover for things that don't involve YOU before the cruise ie cancellation due to seas etc, and not sickness :confused:

Can't help you with Worldcare - there is a link on their site for their PDS - http://www.worldcare.com.au/skins/wcau/pdf/ProductDisclosureStatement.pdf

Any company that has me on hold for 30 minutes is not the company for me though. Is not good form if you have to notify them of an event from a cruise ship @ $8 per minute.

It pays to shop around but do check the fine print.

We have purchased through webjet.com.au and it provides the best combination of price, cover and excess for our needs for our upcoming trip to the Pacific Islands.

We also receive free overseas travel insurance with our Goldcard but we wanted to have cover between Brisbane and Sydney for this trip due to a late ship arrival this February. For that, unlucky for us Qantas flights were booked for the rest of the day but luckily Qantas put us on another flight the following day so it just cost us another nights accomodation and another day of annual leave. No big deal.

This is a vent for me but may be of use to someone else one day....

because i have a pre existing problem my travel insurance certificate complete with a $1000 excess and a $125.00 on top of premium extra charge per issue lasts 30 days only....not a problem happy to have...

Yesterday i received a lovely email stating i had been declined cover .. i couldn't believe it........what i couldn't understand is that last year less than two months after my second round of heart surgery I was granted cover for our 18 day trip to Honolulu with the cruise back to Sydney...... since then i have had no problems - i am not on medication and haven't even spoken to a dr about it ...... So why no cover!!!!!!!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

After my 86th tanti about it. i decided to ring and ask ..... the Medical Assessment people were straight to the point.....i had been knocked back and thats that.......not good enough so i challenged them on the decision to allow me my cover last year..... put on hold twice they finally came back and said the decision was made this time because...........

MY DOCTOR HAD FORGOTTEN TO TICK THE BOX THAT SAID I WAS FIT FOR TRAVEL....

challenge no 2..... so why didn't they come back and tell me.....no answer on that one but they did kindly email me back my forms so my doctor can fix and will review the situation.....kind of them.....................

MORAL OF THE STORY.......DON'T ACCEPT "NO" AS THE FINAL ANSWER FROM INSURANCE COMPANIES.......ASK FOR A PROPER EXPLANATION ......plus check to make sure dr correctly fills in all your forms................

feel better now:D:p:rolleyes:........................cheers Shiona

If you travel a lot yearly travel insurance is the way to go. It covers you whenever you go away. Even if you go to Queensland for the weekend.

I never let mine run out.

We have gone that way too Lynne - with 4 cruises in 365 days - it is a must.

Some policies vary, and rely on the policy holder to be travelling (ie - partner or child is not covered when they travel alone). Others allow independent travel of the family members, but are dearer.

The weekend in Queensland is OK, as long as you have 2 nights of pre-booked accomodation - no cover for an overnighter (with the policies I looked at).

Geoff, I will have to look into all that fine print. We took yearly cover too, as we have the January cruise, the 1 nighter in April, then Vietnam, and thats with out all the weekends we do:p

hey, wonder if it will cover the camping at Cessnock Geoff, someone might steal my airbed......or new reclining camper chairs:p..........hope we get an upgrade to a site with a view:D

Chez

xx

I just realised on Saturday morning that I had no cover for our 4 night cruise that departed later that day :eek: Got onto 1 cover's site and just arranged it as we'd left it til the last minute, and paid $128 for a couple for 4 nights. I paid almost the same amount for 12 nights cover for January through CGU Travel :cool: It does pay to shop. I'm just grateful that we didn't need to use it this time! :p:D

we use vero 1-11 nights away no access $75 for the family on last cruise $65 on the first one our next cruise $ 98 for 12- 16 nights but there could be cheeper around who knows

Geoff, I will have to look into all that fine print. We took yearly cover too, as we have the January cruise, the 1 nighter in April, then Vietnam, and thats with out all the weekends we do:p

hey, wonder if it will cover the camping at Cessnock Geoff, someone might steal my airbed......or new reclining camper chairs:p..........hope we get an upgrade to a site with a view:D

Chez

xx

Yes Chez,

Should even cover for Cessnock - as long as you have prebooked it (in your name would be handy).

Someone must have been telling you tall stories about Nethnock - I am pretty sure your airbed will be safe (not so sure about them chairs though)! ;)

Hope you get your oceanview upgrade (can see the pool).

we use vero 1-11 nights away no access $75 for the family on last cruise $65 on the first one our next cruise $ 98 for 12- 16 nights but there could be cheeper around who knows

That is good value if you have good coverage. Our chain T/A charges nearly double for their Vero policies.

That is good value if you have good coverage. Our chain T/A charges nearly double for their Vero policies.

Thats what I found. As all our other insurances are with Vero we phoned them ourselves and told our TA the price difference, hence forth they matched the price and gave a nil excess :)

Yay:rolleyes: my travel insurance is now in place....but wait for it .....i now have a $2000 excess and a maximum claimable amount of $40K:eek:... if needed John will keep a tab and when i reach that amount all treatment is to STOP:D

new things to pack....calculator........jumper leads and battery.....own surgeon :p:D have we forgotten anything:confused:............thankgoodness i have a good sense of humour....cheers shiona

Yay my travel insurance is now in place....but wait for it .....i now have a $2000 excess and a maximum claimable amount of $40K... if needed John will keep a tab and when i reach that amount all treatment is to STOP:D

new things to pack....calculator........jumper leads and battery.....own surgeon :p:D have we forgotten anything:confused:............thankgoodness i have a good sense of humour....cheers shiona

Glad its all worked out, one less thing to worry about:p have a great time!!

Chez

xx

Archived