Hotels in Galveston

toddsmom

We love staying at the Harbour House @ Pier 21. The hotel is right across the street from the Strand and next door to the pier. Your can leave your car there for the week (I think they charge $20.00) and walk over to the terminal. If you wake up around 5:00am the morning you will see the ship turning around to pull into the dock. I wouldn't stay anywhere else unless maybe I was going to be there 3 or 4 days before the cruise and wanted to be on the beach. There is also a trolly that runs right across the street that you can hop on for a $1.00 that goes along the Sea Wall if you wanted to go there.:)

Does anyone know if the Harbor House is open for business? If so, for those that have stayed there before, what is the avg cost per room? Also, if you book there, can you specifically request a room with a view of the cruise pier?

We stayed at the HH last February. It is GREAT! We had a room facing the water and the pier (corner room)...we didn't request it, but you can. Our room was $155, with taxes it was in the $180's. Parking for the week was $10...you have to pay for the first night, hence the $10. They have a shuttle that will take you to the pier next door. DH drove down and dropped off the bags and the rest of us, then went back and parked the car, then walked back to the terminal...maybe 10 minutes.

I don't think it has reopened yet, but don't know for sure.

Planning a cruise out of Galveston next year, and was wondering if anyone knows if any of the Motel/Hotels let you keep your car there and have a free shuttle to the port.......Thanks in advance.

We are leaving tommorow and staying at the Hilton we are also staying in January 129.00 a night we always stay there never had a problem waiting on the shuutle and we like the hotel.

We've used the Galvez shuttle and the Hilton shuttle in the past with leaving our car there. They are both good. Galvez has a covered garage and with Hilton you park behind the San Luis. We didn't have any wait when we returned. They were waiting for us.

Does anyone know if the Harbor House is open for business? If so, for those that have stayed there before, what is the avg cost per room? Also, if you book there, can you specifically request a room with a view of the cruise pier?

Iv heard some got HH thru hotwire, for $99 a night. Hotwire is showing a 3.5 star hotel for $99 for the Crazies date, but I cant tell which hotel it is.

PS the harbor cam from harbor house is back up and running, so they must be making head way.

http://www.galveston.com/webcams/harborhouse/frameset.html

We've travelled around......and one of the finest hotels in ANY city IMHO is San Luis......it's awesome ! And it's undamaged....can't speak for Seawall Blvd or other hotels.

Here's what you'll enjoy:

1) Get a high level room with direct view of the Gulf. Try to wake up for sunrise, it's quite a sight.

2) Have an awesome steak in the steakhouse downstairs......probably the best available in Galveston.

3) Get out there into the beautiful (and Large) outdoor pool.....heated to a perfect temperature....no matter HOW cold it gets outside.....all year long.

4) They have great rates off-season, and good discount with AAA card.

Have a great cruise !

as of now, the HH is currently housing construction crews and not open to the public. had reservations there but someone from galvestonhotels.com called me and said they could locate a room for me,but i already made other reservations after ike. sometime in 2009 it will reopen,so you have a chance. good-luck!:)

Im sailing on Nov 9th, I made reservations for the Hampton Inn on the seawall. $25 parking for the week. I talkted to the folks at the Hilton and they told me they didnt have cruise parking for guest due to room constraints. Which is why I didnt book there. So if this person told me wrong...I dont like that....:confused: I think I will look into it a bit more.

Im sailing on Nov 9th, I made reservations for the Hampton Inn on the seawall. $25 parking for the week. I talkted to the folks at the Hilton and they told me they didnt have cruise parking for guest due to room constraints. Which is why I didnt book there. So if this person told me wrong...I dont like that....:confused: I think I will look into it a bit more.
We're sailing 12/08/2008 on the Esctasy and I booked a room at the Galveston on the Beach (Holiday Inn). They have something called park and cruise for $109.00 per night. They offer free shuttles to and from the ships.

We stayed there in March of this year and it was fine. Free parking in the back while you're cruising. Back in March they also had free shuttle service to the Strand area, not sure if the Strand area is recovered from Ike yet. I talked to the front desk and asked about places to eat and the clerk said there were a few places open and there should be a few more by December.

Back in March they also had free shuttle service to the Strand area, not sure if the Strand area is recovered from Ike yet. I talked to the front desk and asked about places to eat and the clerk said there were a few places open and there should be a few more by December.

The good news is that Galveston is definitely coming back; the bad news is that "near-normal" probably won't arrive until Spring.

The Strand definitely hasn't recovered yet. We drove through that area (Strand/Post Office Streets) last week-end and they are just getting all the damaged merchandize and building materials out of the businesses. Galveston is going to continue their annual Dickens on the Strand celebration in December so some rehabbing is probably going to be done by then. Don't, however, count on the area being back until early 2009.

Most of the restuarants on the Seawall - Gaido's, Casey's, Landry's, Fish Tales, Joe's Crab Shack, The Spot, to name a few - are up and running. Anything in the Strand area or on Harborside adjacant to the cruise terminals is probably still being repaired.

Some hotels/motels were damaged by Ike and many more are currently full up with relief workers and displaced residents, so be sure to check with the "front desk" of any lodging venue you are considering. I'm not sure I would trust any of the national 800#'s for current information or estimates of future availability.

Hi Carol and Dean:

Haven't made it over to the Coppersmith yet, but I am sure it will be open in due time. The prior owners, who live next door to the Inn, had 3 ft. of water. Friends on the other side had no water in their high raised house.

I will get by there soon and will let you know; been working on our home every day.

Hi Carol and Dean:

Haven't made it over to the Coppersmith yet, but I am sure it will be open in due time. The prior owners, who live next door to the Inn, had 3 ft. of water. Friends on the other side had no water in their high raised house.

I will get by there soon and will let you know; been working on our home every day.

Cheers Mary. I know how busy you must be. I've sent you an email.

Take care

Carol

• 2 weeks later...
We are staying at the Hilton Dec 08. They let you park your car there during the cruise and have a shuttle.:)

Gottahaveabeach with you're board handle,

you reminded me of of some sayings, especially the first one. (not mind, but with minor personalizations).

Hope you didn't mind me hyjacking your post.

Hope you enjoy!:D

"If I ever leave my husband, it won't be for another man, it will be for an island."

"Our hang out on Galveston Island is a great little place where happy hour is…

and where you meet everybody who is anybody and some who aren't."

"I just want to live happily ever after, every now and

then."

"Got a Caribbean Soul I can barely control, and some Galveston Bay hidden here in my heart."

Archived