Chair Hog Discussion on NCL ships

M&MCruisin

"...Wow I cant believe how nasty you people are on this thread..."

In the case of my guy, he was hogging two chairs ALL DAY! He would bounce back and forth between sun and shade. That, at least to me, goes waayyy beyond leaving a towel on a chair while you run off to grab a bite to eat. That is what I would call nasty...

Wow I cant believe how nasty you people are on this thread. What's the big deal if some one saves a seat over the lunch hour. If their stuff is there all day NCL should remove it, you people disposing of other peoples belongings when they are not looking is wrong. I hope I do not sail with you people or see you doing this. Do you people have nothing better to do than watch lounge chairs all day? not my idea of vacation fun.

ouch...dont get definsive. Its just a funny discussion. Even another chair hog came on to admit they were and not one flammed them. I dont think anyone here has said anything about a lunch hour, etc. We are talking hours on end. I personally have only moved ship towels, but I dont blame others for moving other things if its been hours.

Im shocked that you think the people on this discussion board are rude for moving someones things after it just sits there for hours, yet, you dont think how you just attacked everyone here is rude. And...threatening.."hope I dont see any of you do this". :eek:

Besides...when I started this thread...I requested no attacking...play by the rules or dont play.

How about tell a story of your own...you do have one dont you? ;)

I don't know if this has been posted. I saw it at cruisejunkie.com

http://www.cruisejunkie.com/events.html

"On the recent repositioning from San Francisco to Sydney aboard Dawn Princess, it seemed the captain and his crew showed who was the boss on board ship a few times. Two women were removed from the ship after being caught shoplifting in the ship's boutique. Two men were removed from the ship after assaulting crew who had removed their belongings from a hogged lounger. ..."

"On the recent repositioning from San Francisco to Sydney aboard Dawn Princess, it seemed the captain and his crew showed who was the boss on board ship a few times. Two women were removed from the ship after being caught shoplifting in the ship's boutique. Two men were removed from the ship after assaulting crew who had removed their belongings from a hogged lounger. ..."

Was that you Rickbar?? JK! JK! JK!

Iam no way condoning these actions, Iam just saying that people removing items of there own accord is wrong, it should be uo to NCL to remove these items.

If I see someone removing items that I know do not belong to them I will say something to them and or report them to security for stealing. Just because someone is inconsiderate enough to hog a chair (s) all day does not mean they should lose there property. I would rather someone say something to my face the be all passive aggressive and play childish games like hide the towel.

If I see someone removing items that I know do not belong to them I will say something to them and or report them to security for stealing.

You're going to report them to security for stealing? Be prepared to be laughed off the Lido deck.

"...it should be uo to NCL to remove these items..."

Fat chance. I tell a pool guy that I saw a guy hogging two chairs with a towel and a robe. They say "we didn't see him do it." End of story. Meanwhile, he ties up two chairs all day. Every day...

Wow I cant believe how nasty you people are on this thread. What's the big deal if some one saves a seat over the lunch hour. If their stuff is there all day NCL should remove it, you people disposing of other peoples belongings when they are not looking is wrong. I hope I do not sail with you people or see you doing this. Do you people have nothing better to do than watch lounge chairs all day? not my idea of vacation fun.

With an attitude like this, you're part of the problem.

Your rights stop where mine start. The lines clearly say that you may not reserve chairs. Period. No exceptions for people like you who think that you are the only one on the ship. Those chairs are there for ALL of the passengers to use, and if you want the chair, keep your butt in it. When you get up, it belongs to someone else.

Have a nice day!

With an attitude like this, you're part of the problem.

Your rights stop where mine start. The lines clearly say that you may not reserve chairs. Period. No exceptions for people like you who think that you are the only one on the ship. Those chairs are there for ALL of the passengers to use, and if you want the chair, keep your butt in it. When you get up, it belongs to someone else.

B

Have a nice day!

Oh for Pete's sake. Define "reserve". If you are in the pool, and not sitting on the chairs for that moment, or went to the restroom, does that give someone the right to take your stuff off your chair? what about the buffet by the pool? One is not allowed to go up to bring a plate back to the chair? Are you the type of person who wants to sleep until 12 noon and then complains that there are no chairs next to the pool?:rolleyes:

On my last cruise, 9 days, every day we would have trouble finding any sort of chair near the pool. Since we had 5 port days in a row, it wasn't too big of a deal. Finally on the 6th day, I got up to the pool deck around 7 am. I saved 5 chairs directly in front of the pool for the people with whom I was traveling. One woman stopped and said, "You must have gotten here pretty early to get those seats." I said, "It only took me 6 days to figure out how to get a chair."

By noon, we had given up all of the chairs. We couldn't stand the sun and the heat any longer. Besides, nap-thirty was approaching fast.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

If NCL was just willing to set a policy on the chairs and enforce it, there wouldn't be a problem or any hard feelings. Short of that, they could put a 30 minute timer on each chair - just like a parking meter. If it turns red, you can gently put any belongings on the ground next to the chair and take the chair.

I assume NCL doesn't want to offend any passengers (i.e. future customers) but I think enforcing this (and other) rules would actually improve the overall cruise experience.

Archived