Paper luggage tags?

SMNYCruise

When recently printing my cruise tickets, there was an option to print a luggage tag. This paper tag would be ripped off luggage very quickly. Does NCL still mail the colorful sturdy tags? I don't understand the point in printing useless luggage tags. How are passengers matching their luggage to cabin numbers?

When recently printing my cruise tickets, there was an option to print a luggage tag. This paper tag would be ripped off luggage very quickly. Does NCL still mail the colorful sturdy tags? I don't understand the point in printing useless luggage tags. How are passengers matching their luggage to cabin numbers?

Unless you book directly with NCL (or CAS) you will probably not receive luggage tags. Some TA's do send them, but most don't. So you will have to print them from your edocs.

First, print them on card stock, not regular, thin paper. Simply fill them out by hand.

Second, if you are flying do not put them on your luggage until you arrive at the port city.

Third, after putting them on your suitcases, wrap them completely in clear packing tape. That will make them very sturdy and in fact, you will have to cut them off as they will not just tear off. Very secure and sturdy.

Another choice is to just wait until you arrive at port and get tags from the porters. I personally don't like doing that as it just takes too much time but it is an option.

Have a great trip!

CG

You may still get the pre-printed NCL tags ... seems some folks do and some don't. All my clients have gotten them, but I have read on these boards that some do not ... :confused:

IF you don't get the NCL tags, you can have the porters at the port put on their sturdy luggage tags. They are prepared to do that ... much like the airport porters. Just make sure they write your correct stateroom number on them before leaving your bags with them and you are good to go ... no worries.

~dianne

I go to Wal-Mart and buy the single sided laminate and after I fill them in I laminate them. I also put a regular tag on my luggage that says my name, ship name and cabin number, and I put a piece of paper inside the luggage with that information.

Thomas

the other thing, don't cut them out..

if you fold them, they will be several layers thick. they do work, but i don't recommend putting them on until after the flight.

as pointed out, above, you can get tags from the porters, also.

usually the printed tags may come (in the mail) about 2 weeks before the cruise.

Archived