Tour for two?

kywildcatfanone

Hi,

We will be in Ocho Rios the week of Thanksgiving, and would like to go to Dunns River Falls. I know there are several tour operators there, and most all have high recommendations on these boards. My question is, would any of them do a private tour for as few as two people? We have 16 going on our cruise, but my wife and I are the only ones interested in going to the falls. Any advice?

Thanks,

Mike

Hi,

We will be in Ocho Rios the week of Thanksgiving, and would like to go to Dunns River Falls. I know there are several tour operators there, and most all have high recommendations on these boards. My question is, would any of them do a private tour for as few as two people? We have 16 going on our cruise, but my wife and I are the only ones interested in going to the falls. Any advice?

Thanks,

Mike

I have used Yardie Tours and I know that they will do it .You can contact them through their website at www.yardietours.com .They even offer just the Dunn's River Falls tour alone.

We were in Ocho- October 19th cruise date & used Mark Morris with markmorristours.com. He was awesome...best experience ever!!! It was just my husband & I. I booked the Dunn falls excursion on his website & when he emailed me I told him we wanted a tour of what the locals did instead of touristy stuff. It was 4 1/2 hours of great great fun. We went to falls early , we didn't climb thru falls just walked the stairs & took pictures. then went to his father's home & saw his pottery business(he's retired but still does a little in his home), bought several pieces, tried some sugar cane, scotch bonnet peppers, etc from his back yard, went to lunch at a local place Mark recommended, did some shopping, went to lobster daves' & fishing village, & sightseeing. He tells you lots & lots of info too... cost- $35.00 ea (included fee to DF)

memories: priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were in Ocho- October 19th cruise date & used Mark Morris with markmorristours.com. He was awesome...best experience ever!!! It was just my husband & I. I booked the Dunn falls excursion on his website & when he emailed me I told him we wanted a tour of what the locals did instead of touristy stuff. It was 4 1/2 hours of great great fun. We went to falls early , we didn't climb thru falls just walked the stairs & took pictures. then went to his father's home & saw his pottery business(he's retired but still does a little in his home), bought several pieces, tried some sugar cane, scotch bonnet peppers, etc from his back yard, went to lunch at a local place Mark recommended, did some shopping, went to lobster daves' & fishing village, & sightseeing. He tells you lots & lots of info too... cost- $35.00 ea (included fee to DF)

Hi there, can you tell me how many stairs you climbed at the falls? Are they steep or regular height. Thanks for your help.

Sandy

• 4 weeks later...

Did the tour person wait for you at the falls or come back and get you at a certain time after you had been there?

Al

Just make sure you book with a recommended tour guide. Dunn's river falls is great..........but PLEASE PLEASE do not exit the falls threw the straw market area. The vendors are very aggressive to but it nicely.:eek: (watch for exits signs it's a bit confusing).

I made this mistake once!!

Archived