When can I book my cabana on HMC?

TMJplus1

Well we just booked our 10th anniversary cruise on Eurodam and - even though it's almost a year away - I can't wait! We are planning to book a cabana, which was a highlight of my last HAL cruise on the Zuiderdam. Does anybody know how far in advance they open up cabana bookings? I tried online but it says I can't book yet - doesn't give me an idea of WHEN? Help, any ideas?! THANKS!

I just happened to be looking for excursions the day the cabanas opened (5/21/08) for our 1/23/09 cruise. I had called HAL asking about when other excursions were going to open, and they told me they didn't know, but they knew that they were about to post cabanas for quite a few sailings in a week or so.

You might call HAL and ask. The first time we cruised we wanted a cabana, so I called and asked. They gave me a ballpark idea (I still checked daily a couple of times). I looked up that cabana purchase and I purchased it at the beginning of May, 2006 (for our February 2007 cruise).

Six months before the cruise is the earliest I've seen. I'd start checking (daily, but I'm obsessive :rolleyes:) around then. Once reservations are opened, they go fast!

Obsessive? Who me?! :D

I appreciate all the answers - looks like there is no real timeline for them opening up the cabana bookings. I guess I will just keep checking daily because I MUST GET ONE! I have been spouting off about HMC and that amazing cabana for almost 2 years now, and my hubby (he wasn't with me on that cruise) can hardly wait. Actually, while I was there (with my good friend) on HMC last year I fell in love with the little chapel and thought how nice it would be to take hubby back there and get our vows renewed. Well, fate stepped in and it turns out the Eurodam stops at HMC on our EXACT 10th anniversary day! I'm also going to surprise hubby and get the butler package, too.

Did I mention I'm a little excited about this trip?! Ha ha!

Wow! Sorry to give bad info as the first poster in reply. CuriousJ is lucky you all know better than I do :o

You didn't give bad info. :) It varies a lot depending on how many cruises they open up at the same time. From what I've read, anywhere from 6-9 months is what you can expect...the trick is figuring out when they're going to open for your cruise. :)

CuriousJ, I just now saw that you live in my hometown, Bellingham!! I get there often, as all my extended family still live there.

This will be our first time to HMC, and we're excited to have a cabana! BTW, congrats on your upcoming 10th anniversary. :)

Wow, small world!

What cabana did you book? We had the Sky Blue cabana and it was dreamy. (I had, of course, tried to get the coveted Turquoise cabana but it was already taken.)

You'll love the Zuiderdam. I believe they've done a full renovation since we were aboard.

Wow, small world!

What cabana did you book? We had the Sky Blue cabana and it was dreamy. (I had, of course, tried to get the coveted Turquoise cabana but it was already taken.)

You'll love the Zuiderdam. I believe they've done a full renovation since we were aboard.

Yes, small world! We booked the turquoise cabana!! Thanks to CC I knew to snatch it asap. Now that you know how early the cabanas may be posted, you'll have a good chance of getting it this time!

... and it turns out the Eurodam stops at HMC on our EXACT 10th anniversary day! I'm also going to surprise hubby and get the butler package, too.

Did I mention I'm a little excited about this trip?! Ha ha!

Oh Wow, that is so wonderful! Please report how the vow renewal went! (I realize it's a while from now) Does HAL do this for you? What a fabulous idea! I'm as excited as you are about my cabana - we sail next month - I booked it as soon as we put down the deposit on the cruise - I think it was about 6 months out. Good luck, and congratulations on your 10th anniversary.

Moriah

Yes, small world! We booked the turquoise cabana!! Thanks to CC I knew to snatch it asap. Now that you know how early the cabanas may be posted, you'll have a good chance of getting it this time!

I will definitely try to get Turquoise, but will not be disappointed if we get Sky Blue or any of the others in that first row of cabanas. I just don't want to be far down the beach.

Do CC'ers still leave secret little "gifts" for each other at the Turquoise cabana?

Oh Wow, that is so wonderful! Please report how the vow renewal went! (I realize it's a while from now) Does HAL do this for you? What a fabulous idea! I'm as excited as you are about my cabana - we sail next month - I booked it as soon as we put down the deposit on the cruise - I think it was about 6 months out. Good luck, and congratulations on your 10th anniversary.

Moriah

Hi - I definitely will. But yes, it's a long way away. Still, that has not stopped me from trying to figure out what to wear to the ceremony! I have lost 110 pounds since our wedding so I would love to wear something that shows off my new bod. ;)

HAL does do vow renewal packages, both onboard and on HMC. The one on HMC is a little cheaper, but you don't get as much. We might do both. Ha ha!

110 pounds... Oh my goodness! I know this is off-topic for this forum, but I can't resist saying I really admire you - that can't have been easy! WOW WOW yes, do get yourself a drop dead gown! Congratulations! And how did you do it? I want to lose 20 and the way eludes me! :D

Moriah

I don't mind you asking at all. I had a form of weight loss surgery called a duodenal switch. Hubby had it too, and lost 175 pounds. After a lifetime of struggling with diets, the surgery was life-changing for both of us, but especially for hubby since he had Type II diabetes and high cholesterol as a result of his obesity. We have 3 young kids and the lost weight has enabled us to become the active parents we had always wanted to be for them.

That is probably more than you wanted to know but I'm always excited to share about our surgery! I would shout it from the rooftops if I could, as there seems to be such a stigma about weight loss surgery and that is very sad to me.

Of course, if you only need to lose 20 pounds then surgery isn't an option for you. BUT, if I may give some advice, I found that having a specific goal can help with losing that amount of weight. I mean a training or athletic goal. For me, last spring I wanted to lose those "last 10 pounds" and began training for a triathlon. It was transformative! Now I'm in the best shape of my life. So, find a goal - something you never thought you'd do (like a triathlon, or a marathon, or whatever) - and then join a training club and you'll be amazed what you can accomplish. The weight loss will just be a fun side benefit.

Okay, I have talked WAYYY too long. Gotta get back to fantasizing about that cabana.

:D:D:D:DAnd in addition to the gown, I hope you are getting (or already have) a bikini to lounge in the cabana!! You deserve to bask in your accomplishment!

Moriah

You are so sweet but...um...I have major loose skin issues so I'm afraid a bikini is not an option! Here is something kinda weird: I actually felt less self conscious in a swimsuit when I weighed 280 pounds than I do now! Yes, I was big, but I filled it out better. You made my night, though!

Wow, I hadn't heard of this! Does anyone know??

(BTW, I want to add my congrats to you for losing all that weight, and the hard work of training for a triathlon! Way to go!!!) :D

Thanks!

I used to be more active on these boards a couple of years ago and people would post about leaving special things (like a bottle of booze!) hidden in a hole dug behind the turquoise cabana. And the next CC'er to visit HMC would go find it!

Regarding the cabanas, we booked about 6 months ahead of our cruise. I was worried we would not get the private oasis and almost did not. We leave this Friday from Ft. Lauderdale. Last time I checked, though, there was still about 6 cabanas left for this cruise on the Noordam. I was surprised because I heard all the cabanas went fast. Guess not that many on our cruise want the cabanas.

Good luck. I did start checking daily about 7 months ahead of time.

Archived