Just for fun: What are your 3 least favorite things about cruising?

johno95

1. How time goes so slowly as you near your cruise date.

2. Travelling to the port - this normally includes a trans-atlantic flight.

3. I don't mind the queues but what I do mind is when the people in front of you don't have their documents ready and have to empty lots of bags to find them. They know what's required - have it ready:mad: - Rant over:D

1. Disembarking for the last time

2. Cruise directors who think they are the bee's knees but aren't.

3. Ship's (usually junior) officers with their noses in the air.

Interesting the number of people above who don't like the "line ups". It's like people who arrive late and say "oh the traffic was bad".

What they don't seem to realize is that by being in the traffic (or the line) they are as much a part of the problem as anyone else!

1. Not spending enough time at the destinations, I like to explore and learn abouth the area, take in the local culture. A few hours is not enough.:cool:

2. Safety drill. Boring, crowded, and probably a neccessary evil.icon4.gif

3. Disembarkment and embarkment. Kaos, confusion and waiting.icon13.gif

Whiners:

Cigar smoke, cig smoke, porridge is not "just right", too loud, too quiet, no chairs, too expensive, bad service, something else was better.

Some of these thing are legit but remember all are on a cruise. All long as it not agin the rules leave it alone.

Same people all the time with a litteney of complaints. The non- smokers will even claim some health malfunction to bolster their "a puff of smoke crossed my balcony" claim!

Call a Waaaaaaaaambulance!

Un attended children:

Seems some parent just release their spawn onto the decks with little more instruction than "dont fall overboard" and certainly no supervision.

I have cruised with my children and we were still a family unit. I am flabbergasted at this breed and release program.

First day and last day:

Its just not fun!

:cool:

Well I guess there really aren't that many things I dislike about cruising! Sure I could name all the things above and if they really got to me that bad, I guess I wouldn't cruise. But I will try and name mine....

1. complaining about smoking ( yes, I am a non smoker now)

2. Long lines ( no one likes those)

3. Going home ( thats a no brainer)

Everything else and those above, I just live with and enjoy the days I am on the ship. Happy cruising!

1. Disembark- always hate going home:(

2. Complainers- specifically the LOUD obnoxious ones who sound like spoiled children who find that once they've boarded a cruiseship its nothing like their preconceptions and spend the entire cruise finding fault with everything about the cruise! :rolleyes:

3. Having the ship set sail while the musterdrill is still going on and then having the musterdrill take F O R E V E R :(.

Militant anti smokers that give me a hard time when in a smoking area

People who treat the staff poorly

Pushy people who act like they are going to starve to death in buffet line

I however do not allow these people to ruin my cruise I just basically laugh them off

Militant anti smokers that give me a hard time when in a smoking area

People who treat the staff poorly

Pushy people who act like they are going to starve to death in buffet line

I however do not allow these people to ruin my cruise I just basically laugh them off

You made me laugh "Pushy people who act like they are going to starve to death in buffet line" - thanks for cheering up this foggy afternoon.

I've already answered but here's one more:

People who pile their plates up as if it's their last meal ever then take one fork full and push the plate to the side.

Not being able to find an A-I cruise line. Hate having to carry around that card just to get a beer, and hate having to pay the bill at the end.

The Nickel and Diming that takes place.

Doing laundry when I get home!

I LOVE the travel to get to the ship. I LOVE the muster drill, I even like waiting in line to get on......just so much excitement and energy from everyone it makes it fun.

Waiting in line to disembark.

Standing around for a welcome aboard cocktail party -- typical on many larger ships these days vs sitting in a comfortable lounge for a drink and dancing. (I skip these events often)

Slow service in the diningroom.

Table mates who can never make it to the dining room at the correct time and keep the table waiting.

People who complain about smokers who are smoking in the right area or on their balcony.

The dreaded chair hogs taking over the pool!

1. That I get tired to fast...I want up before sunrise and I love to stay up into the weee hours to take it all in...After a few days of this I am way too tired.

2. Wish the ship could stay in each port longer.

3.The dreaded waking up to find you are back at your home port!!!!

I LOVE the travel to get to the ship. I LOVE the muster drill, I even like waiting in line to get on......just so much excitement and energy from everyone it makes it fun.

I agree with you on all those... Meeting new people while in line to get on the ship. You're soooooo right... Everyone is so happy to be there... :)

3 bad things are:

1. Disembarking

2. People who do not use the hand sanitizers.

3. People who are rude to the hardworking staff.

Archived