Chocolate & Turn down services

Italian Nancy

On our first cruise - HAL Zuiderdam, they left these wonderful dutch chocolate wafers on the pillows. Next cruise was Costa, and only once did they leave chocolate, the remaining nights were fruit flavoured candies (yuk). What is the tradition on Celebrity.. the Summit in particular..

Should I be packing my own chocolate for my midnight fixes ?

We sail tomorrow.. can't wait.. but I might have to go shopping or stop in at duty free on our way to Ft. Lauderdale

I wish I could tell you but the High Ruler and Head Mugwhump of the family kept getting to the chocolate before me. Unless things have changed since we cruised Mercury you will not need to pack your own, however it has been reported peolpe have fallen asleep with the goodies in hand or mouth, makes a big mess on the pillow!

8_3_16.gif

On Summit they placed Cova Chocs each night on the pillows, sometimes we even got a small box of assorted Cova's in the middle of the turned down bed. Never had any fruit filled anythings, always pure wonderful chocolate!!! :D :D :D

From our experience you should find a scrumpdideliousous chocolate on your pillow each night. We have sailed Celebrity, NCL, RCCL and Princess with chocolates placed on our pillows each night. Celebrity's have been the best in our grandsons' opinions. DH and I rarely eat more than one chocolate each on a cruie and save the rest to bring home for treats for the grandchildren.

Grandsons both agree Celebrity's are the best, and DH and I agree as well based on the limited samples we have eaten before guilt takes over and we save the rest for the little tykes.

In my cheap cabin (cat 7), we got a chocolate on each pillow at night, along with a donation card for Make A Wish or one of those similar societies. I suspect the lower category cabins get lesser chocolates than the better ones...JNLRose mentions the Cova Cafe, but ours were definitely cheaper chocolates. The chocolate coating itself was pretty waxy, probably to hold the faceted shape around the filling. But they were still pretty good! :D

:) Hi....I have not heard that before.....And I have been in a category 9....I think I received the same chocolates as those in higher categories.......:eek:

Maybe suite passengers get something different....that is possible, but I really think "regular cabins" all receive the same chocolate.

They always come with stationary from "Make A Wish".

Hi:) Maybe it was....but I never donated anything. I just noticed there was art work on the front....and "Make A Wish" on the back.

But I think the chocolates are all the same;)

Actually, think those little Make-a-wish folders are supposed to hold a card with the weather for the next day, but I've only been on one cruise where the attendant bothered to fill out and insert the weather card in the little folder. I guess Celeb buys the folder from Make-a-wish, or some such deal.

I've always gotten the wrapped chocolates (different each nite) on the pillow, and once in the Captain's Club, get a package with 6 or so of the Cova chocolates once a cruise with a card. I like both types, though I usually save the pillow chocolates as a nice reminder of better times when I am home in the dreary weather doing housecleaning :(

Dave

Actually, think those little Make-a-wish folders are supposed to hold a card with the weather for the next day, but I've only been on one cruise where the attendant bothered to fill out and insert the weather card in the little folder. I guess Celeb buys the folder from Make-a-wish, or some such deal.
Oh... My... Goodness... :eek:

Are you serious? That was my chief complaint from the trip, was that we didn't know what the weather was! I was suspicious of why they would include a donation card every day...if you're going to donate, you're going to do it as a lump sum, not daily. I had no idea that was supposed to be the weather!! Now I am vaguely annoyed, because we did get caught out in the rain without an umbrella! I even wrote that on my comment card at the the end because I was so annoyed by not having been told the weather. Why would they make the attendants write it out? Couldn't they just print up the little cards, or print it in the Celebrity Today?

Hi catmand,

Your post really hits home with me. We cruised on the Zenith last February with my in-laws. I was talking about the lovely chocolates they left on our pillows each night to my mother-in-law. Her face turned bright red and then she told me that she had left her chocolate on the bed and when she woke up the next morning, it was melted all over everything. She said it was all over the sheets and all over her nightgown and she was so embarrassed. But, she said her steward was very kind and told her that it happens all the time and changed her sheets and offered to have her nightgown cleaned. How nice was that! But, she told him that she would wash out the nightgown and gave him a very nice extra tip at the end of the cruise.

Thanks for reminding me of a really great memory of our cruise with my in-laws.

:confused: boy...I must really flake out on a cruise....it is for a weather card?....

I never knew that...but then again, I never worry about the weather for the week either;)

Honest, I am not trying to get anyone mad at me here. Yes the little cards with the weather on them, gee it never occurred to me these were anything but nice little cards. We did have the "forcasted" weather printed on them but as for the daily weather in port, subject to change in many places, we just sort of looked out the window or went out on deck.........:D :D

Carlyshenk...................................... 12_11_2.gif....................funny!.........oops, i made a little mess!

Bridgettom.......................usually just the opposite of what we "need."

etoile, They are printed out. We have always had the little card inserted but I had forgotten about that until davehau mentioned it. :)
I am shaking my head in disbelief here! I am so glad to hear that they do have a way of telling passengers the weather. Now I will have to complain to Celebrity specifically about what didn't happen that was supposed to.

Archived