Western Caribbean Ports

jenphan

I'll be on that cruise also, you may want to check out the roll call when you get a chance. Anyway, this will be my first time to Jamaica so I can't comment on that. In Grand Cayman, usually the tender will drop us off in town so there will be plenty of shops right there.Once we were tendered in to the other side of the island, if that happens you will need a cab. In Cozumel, we may dock downtown or at the other pier outside of town (we'll know more on that after the Ruby actually starts her voyages), but there are souvenir shops right at the pier in either case. And at Princess Cays, there have always been some local venders selling handicrafts on the beach, cash only. There is also a Princess sourvenir shop at Princess Cays, as I recall. And of course there will be souvenirs available right onboard, LOTS of items available which will say "Ruby Princess" and usually some from the ports. We're really looking forward th the 17th of January.

I'll be on that cruise also, you may want to check out the roll call when you get a chance. Anyway, this will be my first time to Jamaica so I can't comment on that. In Grand Cayman, usually the tender will drop us off in town so there will be plenty of shops right there.Once we were tendered in to the other side of the island, if that happens you will need a cab. In Cozumel, we may dock downtown or at the other pier outside of town (we'll know more on that after the Ruby actually starts her voyages), but there are souvenir shops right at the pier in either case. And at Princess Cays, there have always been some local venders selling handicrafts on the beach, cash only. There is also a Princess sourvenir shop at Princess Cays, as I recall. And of course there will be souvenirs available right onboard, LOTS of items available which will say "Ruby Princess" and usually some from the ports. We're really looking forward th the 17th of January.

Good information. When we were in Ocho Rios in April, they docked us at a very old dock, and it was a bit of a walk into the town area, but not too bad. Not a lot of shops very close, but we didn't venture too far. Lots of shopping in Grand Cayman and Cozumel right off the ship. Same for Princess Cays. Have a blast on your cruise!

Mike

The one in Cozumel is very close to the shopping! I bought lots of stuff there the last time I visited. Grand cayman is a tender port, so it depends on where the tenders drop you, but the last time I was there we were dropped off in a great shopping area. Not too sure on Ocho Rios, but I will know after this week. I leave on the Ruby on Sat!!! I will even write a review if I find the time!

Archived