Re: combining "offers" and "benefits"

39august

I have been reading that many people are not being allowed to combine various offers and benefits, as we all have done in the past. I guess it's the luck of whom you talk to at RCI, as yesterday, my TA booked the Serenade 11 night May 11 Alaska cruise for me using 1. our Diamond balcony discount. 2. The C&A $225 coupon. 3. Our Next Cruise OBC. 4. The military rate discount. The price for that 11 night cruise came out to be less than $1000 for a D1 cabin using all those discounts (plus I think she cut her commission about $50). How have others of you fared recently on getting various discounts and still keeping your Next Cruise OBC? I spoke with C&A personnel earlier this week who advised me that I could NOT use that C&A coupon of $225 with Next Cruise nor my Diamond discount, yet obviously, my TA was allowed to do so.

I've asked RCI several times about the plan to prevent combining the Shareholder Onboard Credit with Onboard Booking Credits, Crown and Anchor coupons and Platinum and above balcony/suite discounts.

Thus far I have received three different answers but today I received what appears to be definative:

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

We have temporarily relaxed the combinability of the shareholder benefit and the Crown and Anchor Platinum and Diamond balcony/suite discounts as well as the onboard credit for the Next Cruise program. However, for any sailing that is confirmed on or after December 31, 2008, the shareholder benefit will no longer be combined with any other benefit or offer, be it for dollars off or onboard credit. In the event that two offers or benefits are available on a given reservation, you may choose which offer you prefer. Unless advised otherwise, we will presume you wish to have the offer or benefit with the higher value. For full program details, please visit our investor's website at

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International.

Sincerely,

Christopher Fitzgerald

Customer Service Representative

So it thats it then, there is no longer any ability to combine the Shareholder Credit with any other discount or credit be it Onboard Booking Credit or Crown and Anchor benefits.

From this it also sounds like C&A Platinum and above members will also not be able to get the balcony/suite discount and the Onboard Booking Credit. So there is no benefit to onboard booking for for C&A members who plan to travel in a balcony or suite on a future cruise. I guess RCI doesn't need the free loan of the deposit moeny :-)

I've asked RCI several times about the plan to prevent combining the Shareholder Onboard Credit with Onboard Booking Credits, Crown and Anchor coupons and Platinum and above balcony/suite discounts.

Thus far I have received three different answers but today I received what appears to be definative:

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

We have temporarily relaxed the combinability of the shareholder benefit and the Crown and Anchor Platinum and Diamond balcony/suite discounts as well as the onboard credit for the Next Cruise program. However, for any sailing that is confirmed on or after December 31, 2008, the shareholder benefit will no longer be combined with any other benefit or offer, be it for dollars off or onboard credit. In the event that two offers or benefits are available on a given reservation, you may choose which offer you prefer. Unless advised otherwise, we will presume you wish to have the offer or benefit with the higher value. For full program details, please visit our investor's website at

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International.

Sincerely,

Christopher Fitzgerald

Customer Service Representative

So it thats it then, there is no longer any ability to combine the Shareholder Credit with any other discount or credit be it Onboard Booking Credit or Crown and Anchor benefits.

From this it also sounds like C&A Platinum and above members will also not be able to get the balcony/suite discount and the Onboard Booking Credit. So there is no benefit to onboard booking for for C&A members who plan to travel in a balcony or suite on a future cruise. I guess RCI doesn't need the free loan of the deposit moeny :-)

Yes, that's what I said a couple of days ago. Is this going to cause people to sell their shares? It is certainly weakening their loyalty base.

However, the only thing I would say is don't say definitive. Although I've been told and already posted exactly the same as you've just said, I would never say definitive because I was told they were still in "discussion". Also, they could change their minds once the backlash starts and make even more changes.

Archived