Worries

dleighb

Today, I tried to book my independent tour in Costa Rica for my Zuiderdam cruise sailing on 12/29 for Panama. The tour operator in Costa Rica says that the port agents don't show the Zuiderdam arriving on January 5, 2009. I called Holland America who confirmed that we are arriving and assured me that these destinations are confirmed years in advance.

Needless to say, I'm a little worried now that something has gone wrong in communications somewhere. However, there appears to be little that I can do for the moment. I have sent a message to the tour operator asking what they recommend we do. Do we assume that the Costa Rica port agents are wrong? That's what I hope at the moment. The stop in Costa Rica was one of the two ports I was most looking forward to.

Agree that is odd.

We have stopped at that port a number of times on HAL ships.

I just checked cruisett.com and that site shows Zuiderdam scheduled to be in Puerto Limon on January 5, 2009.

Thanks. I'm just going to hope everything is correct. HAL says we're stopping there. I have no other choice but to trust them. Maybe something hasn't been fully updated with whomever the port agent contact is for Greenway Tours. I'm going to hope that is the case. I will be very, very sad if there is a problem with our stop Costa Rica.

You know what's odd. When I click on "HAL" on the cruisereports.com (great site btw, thanks), It lists all the available dates except 12/29/2009. But when I check on 1/5/2008, it shows there in PL. Maybe that means the sailing I am on is sold out and not available? I'm not terribly familiar with the site.

Is it possible that there is some confusion on the part of the tour operator regarding which port you are visiting? There are two different cruise ship ports in Costa Rica, Puerto Limon (on the Atlantic side, which is where you are stopping) and Puntarenas (on the Pacific side).

Archived