Eastern Carib, best places to make calls/internet...

IBRelaxin2

I am traveling on 11/15 on the Liberty and would like to maintain good contact with a friend in Holland while I'm gone. Normally I would use AIM or Skype or the cell but since I'll be paying by the minute onboard for net I'm wondering if anyone could point out some good places to use the net or skype, etc... on San Juan, St. Thomas and St. Maarten. TY! :D

St Thomas was the most expensive internet cafe I ran into. $6 a hour. But its still doable, especially compared to on the ship. I dont do phone calls usually, just email back and forth when I hit a port. Many buy a phone card when in port, but to me thats a lot of bother, dont know of a place to use skype where you can talk on a mic outloud. The internet cafes everyone is quiet.

I didnt see any Starbucks, however there are TWO nice high speed internet cafes within walking distance. Im thinking they were either $3 or $4 an hour and fast connection speeds. One was closer by one little short doorway, but harder to find I used because it was almost always hardly used and up stairs. We were there over 24 hours so I used it multiple times. I knew something was wrong at home and like a dummy hadnt gotten something set up to contact my mom who is always at home. Turns out she was at the hospital and she doesnt drive. My Dad had fallen in the garage and took a while to be found and broke his hip and had hip surgery and then was transferred to Rehab the day I managed to get home. Took several days to reach my mom.

Take emergency contact info for home is my advice, just because internet has always worked before, it might not work if the person cant get to the computer. I was pretty frantic by then.

You will have no trouble getting online in Nassau with a very good connection.

Archived