Advantages to booking while onboard?

kywildcatfanone

An FCC does not lock in a stateroom, a booking does. You can, of course, use your FCC to make a booking.

It does not take much "free time" to fill out the FCC form and drop it in a box near the future cruise consultant's office. About two minutes at the most.

Right! That 2 minutes of my time got us $200 in OBC for our upcoming cruise. Definitely worth the few minutes that it took to fill out the form. Not having to make a deposit also gave me the use of that money during the time between booking and final payment.

In the FCC world, where the Obstructed View Cabin belongs to - Inside or Outside?

I saw Princess considered our Obstructed View on the Sapphire 1/31/09 sailing an Inside cabin as only $50 OBC is posted.

Technically, it is an outside cabin. Pricing-wise, it is priced just a tiny tad above Inside.

Will any of the experts on this board know?

In the FCC world, where the Obstructed View Cabin belongs to - Inside or Outside?

I saw Princess considered our Obstructed View on the Sapphire 1/31/09 sailing an Inside cabin as only $50 OBC is posted.

Technically, it is an outside cabin. Pricing-wise, it is priced just a tiny tad above Inside.

Will any of the experts on this board know?

The word view makes it an outside cabin. :) $50 is all you're supposed to get for an outside cabin/7 day cruise. An inside would have been $25.

For any of you that have received wine as a gift from your TA, would you know the value of the wine and can you purchase from the dining room as well as Vines? We are sailing on the CB in Jan-Feb and I understand while in drydock they will be adding Vines. I asked my TA but all he knows is that his agency purchases gift cards to be left in your cabin; he does not know the value of these cards.

The word view makes it an outside cabin. :) $50 is all you're supposed to get for an outside cabin/7 day cruise. An inside would have been $25.

Pia, but that is $50 pp for an outside stateroom (according to the paperwork in front of me).

7-9 Day cruises Inside is $25 per person Outside is $50 per person.

So, the total credit for two passengers in the stateroom is $50 each or $100 total.

Pia, but that is $50 pp for an outside stateroom (according to the paperwork in front of me).

7-9 Day cruises Inside is $25 per person Outside is $50 per person.

So, the total credit for two passengers in the stateroom is $50 each or $100 total.

Right Toto. That's what I said; $50 for outside. I just assume she knows it's per person.

Right Toto. That's what I said; $50 for outside. I just assume she knows it's per person.

Pia, the reason I mentioned it is she started another thread about her DH Showing ALL of their credit on only his account and she thought that was total credit for them both ($50). Same poster that questioned it here. Just wanted to let her know you meant Per Person and not Per Cabin. ;) ;)

All of the wine gifts we have received were for a $20 bottle of wine (printed on the certificate) and the certificate asks that you call room service for delivery to your cabin.

Mike:)

When we said that we don't drink wine we were given a $20 credit to our account. (Nothing against wine. I just don't like it.)

Pia, the reason I mentioned it is she started another thread about her DH Showing ALL of their credit on only his account and she thought that was total credit for them both ($50). Same poster that questioned it here. Just wanted to let her know you meant Per Person and not Per Cabin. ;) ;)

I don't even know how to access my husband's account. Does he have an account? LOL :D Anyhow, the personalizer is never correct AFAIC.

Thanks for the info. I usually pack a couple of bottles of wine in my suitcase but since we're doing a B2B this time, I can use the extra space as well as no worries about breakage.

All of the wine gifts we have received were for a $20 bottle of wine (printed on the certificate) and the certificate asks that you call room service for delivery to your cabin.

Mike:)

A note of caution to those who deal in more than one form of currency. As Canadians, we had been booking our cruise itineraries in U.S. dollars because we were getting better fares than what was offered in Canadian dollars. Obtaining U.S. Currency at best rates resulted in some substantial savings. However, current exchange rates have altered all that.

When booking a cruise utilizing a FFC, you are committed to booking it in the same currency as used to purchase the FFC. No conversions are allowed. While we have several FFC's in U.S. Funds, we cannot use them against bookings we would like to make in Canadian dollars.

You're so right..we booked a FFC on our Oct29-Nov12/08 cruise and specifically asked for Canadian funds as our dollar had tanked to about 79 cents that week. When the confirmation was delivered to our stateroom, I looked and found that they made a mistake and our FFC was in US$$. I had to go back and get it changed. By the time my Visa was charged in US$$, charged in Canadian $$ and then refunded in US$$ I lost money!

So Canadians be very viligant with these Future Cruise desk people. We are convinced that our dollar will rebound and so want to pay in Canadian $$ down the road.

Archived