Lobster on the Mariner of the Seas

great08

I understand they serve lobster tail in the main dinning room on the second formal night on the Western route. Is this still the case?

We were planning on missing the second formal night due to a long day at port (we have the early seating) and just eating in the Windjammer that night? Does the Windjammer serve for dinner what is in the dining room, and could we have it there? Or are we going to be out of luck for my husbands favorite?

Thanks for any input!

Lobster is the second formal night, and the little crustaceans were not that big, I am not a sea-food eater, and one of the travelers at our table asked for two more when his plate was presented, he quickly received them.

We were first seating, and did see a lot of people requesting more than one.

I dunno, seems to me to be a little much, but, they paid for their cruise and must expect it.

I am just making an observation, please don't be to critical of me.

My husband asked for one more, in essence, he just had mine. Our daughter did not want any.

So maybe between the ones who want Lobster and those that do not it balances out.

Later

On our Western Mariner cruise, Lobster was served on Friday (Cozumel) this is NOT the second formal night, it was on Thursday (Grand Cayman).

On the Eastern route, the second formal night was Friday, and that is when the lobster was served.

yep,me too...mariner western 2nd formal night was thursday,but the lobster night was cozumel(friday)

oh,btw i ordered 3 orders and ate every bit of it. i tell you this because i am not a big guy and this gives you an idea of the size of these cute little lobster tails. the waiter was more than happy to oblige me. some may consider this gluttony, but i dont see it like that obviously ,as long as you EAT what you take:)

have a great cruise

dave

yep,me too...mariner western 2nd formal night was thursday,but the lobster night was cozumel(friday)

oh,btw i ordered 3 orders and ate every bit of it. i tell you this because i am not a big guy and this gives you an idea of the size of these cute little lobster tails. the waiter was more than happy to oblige me. some may consider this gluttony, but i dont see it like that obviously ,as long as you EAT what you take:)

have a great cruise

dave

Yea! My husband will be so excited. Thanks for the responses. 17 days and counting........can anyone make time move faster?!

Just off the Mariner last week. Lobster was Fri night and we had second seating. Had heard at first seating they had run out of lobster but offered extra shrimp instead. When we were seated for dinner the server suggested we not order the lobster as it was very small and not good that night.

I opted for his suggestion of the chicken which was delicious. My other half asked for 2 lobster pointing out he wanted mine...lol. Which he got. Said it was ok, but not great.

:)

[Lobster is the second formal night, and the little crustaceans were not that big, I am not a sea-food eater, and one of the travelers at our table asked for two more when his plate was presented, he quickly received them.

We were first seating, and did see a lot of people requesting more than one.

I dunno, seems to me to be a little much, but, they paid for their cruise and must expect it

I am just making an observation, please don't be to critical of me.[

My husband asked for one more, in essence, he just had mine. Our daughter did not want any

[so maybe between the ones who want Lobster and those that do not it balances out.[

I do not mean to be critical. Just giving a little info for future reference. One can always ask for doubles or triples of anything on any menu....appetizers, salads, vegetables, entree, or dessert. I have seen some couples order 3 different meals and share the third. Have often seen individuals order 2 different meals. It is not a "little much", it is just cruising.

Archived