Paris Hotel Recommendations

swdke

Will be in Paris on a self post cruise tour. Can anyone recommendation a hotel in Paris and why you liked it? I am not familiar with what locations might be better than another. Just looking for a recommended hotel in a convenient location. Thanks.

Will be in Paris on a self post cruise tour. Can anyone recommendation a hotel in Paris and why you liked it? I am not familiar with what locations might be better than another. Just looking for a recommended hotel in a convenient location. Thanks.

I can highly recommend the Hotel Scribe(1 rue Scribe).It is right near the Opera Garnier so the metro is close as well as the bus.You can walk to a lot of the sights,plenty of places to eat nearby as well as the department stores are a block away.Very well appointed rooms and the staff is quite nice.We generally stay there when we go to Paris.Another hotel where I stay when I go alone is the Hotel Queen Mary( rue de Guffulhe).It is on a little street right near the Madeline.Again lot's of places to eat nearby.In the same area is the Hotel Opal(rue Tronchet) and the Hotel Tronchet(rue Tronchet).Great area.Enjoy your trip when you go!!!

We too have stayed at Hotel Mary but I would not put that hotel in the same class as Relais Saint Honore.

The interior decor of the Relais is magnificent and the people who run the hotel cannot do enough for you. It is really a 4 star hotel, but it does not have a dining room. Breakfast is brought to your room or can go about 3 doors down on Rue St. Honore and get a lovely breakfast for about 7 euros p.p. half the price of what most 3 star hotels charge.

It is in a wonderful position, close to the Opera House, Place Vendome, Tuilleries Gardens and the Louvre. The closest Metro is about 150 metres and that is Tuilleries.

The hotel is only a year old so everything is very new and yet it is in a wonderful old building. From now on we would only stay there when in Paris.

Jennie.

Swdke,

I can understand that you don't know Paris areas, however, you give us no indication of your budget, your likes/dislikes, etc.

Paris has tons of hotels in all price ranges. Are you looking to spend $200. a night, $700. a night, $1500. a night? I have no clue how to give you any options and don't understand how others are without knowing your tastes.

As far as area's, Paris is divided up into 20 districts called arrondisements. The ones I would suggest are the 1st, 6th, 7th and 8th. These are all good area's in convenient locations in central Paris. The last 2 numbers of the zip code tells you the arrondisement, i.e. 75006 would be the 6th and 75016 would be the 16th.

One hotel that never disappoints is the Madison Hotel on Blvd. St. Germain in the 6th. Pricewise, it's midrange. Rooms are beautiful and location is superb.

You might also like the chic Hotel Costes in the 1st. The Georges V is one of Paris's most popular.

But again, I have no idea of your tastes.

Jane

Jane, thank you for asking me to be more specific. For price, probably under $200 per night. There are four of us in my group, and would prefer a room to share, but I understand that is nearly impossible. So we understand we're probably looking at two rooms. We're staying three nights the first weekend in August, 2005. For the hotel, would simply like for it to be clean, and modernly decorated. Something up to date, and current, not old and dingy. Large hotel, small, does not matter. Just as long as it's up to date in decor. I think most important is location. For example, when I visit New York City, I like the Times Square area. It's an exciting location, good access to subways, seems to be in the center of New York. At least that's my opinion. Looking for the same in Paris, if such a location exist. We don't plan on having a car, so we will be walking, and taking the subway and taxi. My parents are traveling with me and are older, so although they do walk well, they can't walk miles upon miles. So a location close to things would be ideal, if possible. Or at leasts close to a subway station that is easy to take to various sites. Thanks.

swdke, please note that the Metro in Paris is just great. It seems there are stations every couple of blocks. It is cheap, easy, convenience, and quick.

Our last hotel in Paris was the Intercontinental right by the Opera. It was great, but the rates can be high (we used points).

I hope you have a great time.

Donna

We stayed at the Meridien for 5 nights post-cruise in Paris with our two teenagers, so also needed two rooms. Price was a deciding factor. We used Priceline and were able to get two $275.00/night rooms for $85.00/night each. If the money is an issue, you may want to try this route. Downside is that it is non-refundable and you don't know which hotel you are getting (bid by star rating). You also would need to be careful about the location that you are bidding for. We've used Priceline on multiple occasions for hotels and had great luck.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, the Relais Saint Honore would fit into the category that you are looking for.

It is only 12 months old, the decor is lovely and it is in the 1st arrondisement. We paid 190Euros a night.

Jennie.

Archived