Upgrade question

curlyQ

Hello Seabourners, I have been on Cunard many times and at the time you book they ask "would you like to be considered for an upgrade?". I am possibly about to book the 'Odyssey' - does Seabourn also have this upgrade offer?

Thanks in advance.

Pat.

Hello Seabourners, I have been on Cunard many times and at the time you book they ask "would you like to be considered for an upgrade?". I am possibly about to book the 'Odyssey' - does Seabourn also have this upgrade offer?

Thanks in advance.

Pat.

Of course not. This is Seabourn. :(

Your best bet on getting an upgrade is to book (early) an A category Gty. The A categories typically sell out, so you would be bumped to a B (balcony) suite. Its worked almost every time I've booked a gty.

Host Dan

On a one week sailing in the Caribbean December of 2006, I was upgraded, as a solo, from an A guaranty to a balcony cabin.

The balcony cabin is very nice, and if they gave that to me again, I'd be happy...but...I also love the enormous picture window and the tiny "window seat" in the A suites. And of course in the balcony suites, the horizontal railing cuts across your view out the window...although it is lovely anyway (floor to ceiling).

Jane

Host Dan,

I had originally booked an A Gty for a 7 day Med cruise in April (for my honeymoon). The travel agent swore up and down that we wouldn't be upgraded and switched us to a specific A cabin even though we wanted to stay with the A Gty (we don't mind an A cabin, and we were just going to wait and see if we could get upgraded to a balcony cabin but were perfectly happy either way). Should we have stuck with the A Gty? I am afraid that all chances of upgrade are now gone that we have been booked for a specific suite.

Host Dan,

I had originally booked an A Gty for a 7 day Med cruise in April (for my honeymoon). The travel agent swore up and down that we wouldn't be upgraded and switched us to a specific A cabin even though we wanted to stay with the A Gty (we don't mind an A cabin, and we were just going to wait and see if we could get upgraded to a balcony cabin but were perfectly happy either way). Should we have stuck with the A Gty? I am afraid that all chances of upgrade are now gone that we have been booked for a specific suite.

Why in the world your TA told you to book a specific A category suite is beyond me. All the A's are the same (other than 100 and 101- which are very desireable to some), so booking an A gty worst case you'd end up in an A anyway. In most scenarios the top categories and the bottom categories sell out first, leaving the A gty folks no where to go but an upgrade. Bad advice from your TA. Does your TA book Seabourn on a regular basis? Anyway, enjoy your cruise!

Host Dan

On a one week sailing in the Caribbean December of 2006, I was upgraded, as a solo, from an A guaranty to a balcony cabin.

The balcony cabin is very nice, and if they gave that to me again, I'd be happy...but...I also love the enormous picture window and the tiny "window seat" in the A suites. And of course in the balcony suites, the horizontal railing cuts across your view out the window...although it is lovely anyway (floor to ceiling).

Jane

Thanks, Jane.;)

Just got back from the Pride TA. Went on GTY fare and got bumped up to A2 category. Didn't even care about the balcony, especially when I herd about water leakage problems due to the very rough seas we encountered early on.

And as nice as the suites are - get out and enjoy the ship and the fantastic company of the guests and crew. :)

• 3 months later...
Any Seabourn cruisers out there who booked solo in a Cat A Gty ever wind up being upgraded?

As a newbie solo cruiser to SB who booked (back in July '07) a sailing in Feb. '09, I'd love to hear about it!;)

We've been upgraded three times - twice from a Category A to a B2 and once from a Category A to an A2

Archived